• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Helmets

Beacher

Do any hunters regularly use a helmet as part of their hunting system? If so, which one?

Alright, alright.

No, nobody does that even though as much as we like to compare ourselves to rock climbers, arborists, lineman, etc...and they all definitely use them, at the end of the day OSHA isn't breathing down our boss' neck and they look dumb in the selfies.

Should we wear them? Probably definitely maybe perhaps. I don't know. Am I wearing one? Nope.

A helmet? Lmao. Really?
Hey man if it makes you feel safer or gives you more confidence then have at it. Be great under a big white oak in early October

I don’t - but arborists do - so I could see a safety conscious hunter wearing one. I thought about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm guessing just because they run into overhead work and are trimming dead limbs, etc. that could fall on their head. If it makes you feel better or are just downright accident prone, ya might as well go for it.
I wear Crocs in the woods quite a bit so I guess who am I to judge?

I'm guessing just because they run into overhead work and are trimming dead limbs, etc. that could fall on their head. If it makes you feel better or are just downright accident prone, ya might as well go for it.
I wear Crocs in the woods quite a bit so I guess who am I to judge?

If it makes people feel safe - to each their own. First 5 years I hunted I didn’t wear a harness. Started having kids and I got all safety conscious.

I could see if someone fell if if just a foot or two - they could hit head against tree, sticks, platform.

Whatever helps anyone enjoy their time hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back