• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help Me Pick: Oplux Tether & Lineman

Trl91

Looking at either buying the KISS Line Kit from Wild Edge or the Oplux Linemans Belt from Latitude Outdoors. They are both 8.5’ long. KISS is 6” sewn eye and Latitude is 8”. The KISS runs a 6.8mm prusik while the Latitude is a 6mm TRC cord with a distel hitch. What are the pros and cons to each method for one handed operation? Being they are pretty much the same price, what would you go with and why?

I know it’s only part of your question but I like oplux for my bridge. But my tether is in my pack for the climb & takes up very little room, I prefer the extra thickness of the 11mm line just how it feels using it as a LB. As for tether could go either way but also like being able to grab & pull my self up to adjust things now & then it’s not as easy with smaller diameter rope. Just something to consider...... But I know bulk/space are one of the reasons it’s so popular.

Thanks I’ve only used 11mm but was looking for something that could double as both teher and lineman belt that was a little more compact. Didn’t consider the feel of it for climbing as a linemans belt though. Is it much harder to flip up the tree?

I rock the oplux for my repel / tether. So oplux is my vote. But I also made a linemen’s out of Amsteel super strong easy to pack away in sys hauler.

I know it’s only part of your question but I like oplux for my bridge. But my tether is in my pack for the climb & takes up very little room, I prefer the extra thickness of the 11mm line just how it feels using it as a LB. As for tether could go either way but also like being able to grab & pull my self up to adjust things now & then it’s not as easy with smaller diameter rope. Just something to consider...... But I know bulk/space are one of the reasons it’s so popular.
I agree with this 100%, I cut trees for a living and use a flip once or twice a week, oplux is not gonna flip like a stiff rope would, that being said I’m not sure many people actually flip a linesman belt anyways when using sticks or something else, climbing with spurs you want a stiff flip line because thats how they were intended, spurs your hands free and just keep flipping the line up, climbing sticks your using your hands to climb and more less sliding the linesman belt up as you go, with sticks a stiff rope may have the opposite affect and slide down every time you lean into the sticks and are pulling with your hands, pick your poison I guess, with sticks Im gonna use oplux, spurs I probably will still use oplux, I just know I am going to have to reach behind the tree a lot to advance my rope, Dano just sent me more oplux in the mail today, it’s perfect!

I use Oplux for tether, linesman’s, bridge, and SRT/ rappelling. Great stuff. On my Oplux lineman’s belt I stole the sheath from the predator lineman’s belt on my older kestrel and put it on my Oplux. Tubular webbing could be used too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rock the oplux for my repel / tether. So oplux is my vote. But I also made a linemen’s out of Amsteel super strong easy to pack away in sys hauler.
I use a 9.5 mm diameter rope for my lineman and tether rope wouldn't considered using Amsteel rope for lineman,or tether Amsteel frays to easily would use it for a bridge!!

I also use oplux for my tether but I use 9mm sterling HTP for my linemans as it's stiffer and easier to flip up a tree. DanO sells it.

Back