• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help Sharing Deer Spreadsheet

Nutterbuster

SH Member
About to finish a 32-state spreadsheet with population, square mileage, total P&Y bucks harvested, population/mile, P&Y bucks/mile, and the mean, median, and mode of the 100 most recently harvested bucks' in each state gross antler score. I know we all talk about how different states are different in hunting difficulty and trophy potential but I feel that this spreadsheet is an easy way to almost instantly get a feel for how real those variances are. To my knowledge the above mentioned information has not been compiled and made public as described.

So, how do I share it with you knuckleheads? It's in an excel sheet. Can that be copy/pasted to google drive and the link shared or something? @redsquirrel? @gcr0003? Sumbody smert?

If you have a google account go to your google drive if you know what that is and upload you excel file to the drive. Then go to share and share the link to the excel file saved on your drive. Settings would typically be set to those with a link can view only, but you can double check that that is the case if you want. Then, anyone with the link can view it. Copy and paste link to your thread.
If you want to be fancy click the chain in the text edit of your reply within saddlehunter and copy and paste your link in there. That just allows you to title the link in your post.

Very interesting, thanks for compiling this! Makes me want to look into hunting out of state more.

Back