• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Here we go. I'm jumping in!!

ncavi8tor

Hunted about 25 sits in my LWCG 1.0 this past season and could not stay comfortable beyond 3+ hours. The saddle hunting option has intrigued me for several years and I'm ready to jump in! Gonna start out with a Cruzr XC, Predator platform, and 8mm ropes with Kongs. Here we go at 56 years young!

Appreciate this forum and all of yall's input across the threads I've been reading.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, no fidgeting, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree with any weapon, bow or gun, no weak side shot.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, no tired legs from leaning as you can sit all day, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. No getting into “saddle shape” as your Lazy Boy at home does it for you. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, no fidgeting, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree with any weapon, bow or gun, no weak side shot.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, no tired legs from leaning as you can sit all day, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. No getting into “saddle shape” as your Lazy Boy at home does it for you. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........
The back part is best part of saddle hunting IMO. My back almost never hurts and use to kill me sitting on the ground or in a sitting stand. Just being able to straighten your legs with little movement makes all the difference.

I can’t sit in a stand for more than 30 minutes before my back hurts. The saddle provides a lot more comfort to me. Good luck and enjoy.

My gear will arrive Tuesday and of course I'm leaving for work that morning for 7 days.

NC

Got home yesterday and started unboxing all my gear. Went outside today and played around with everything on a tree just off the ground. Really love the 8mm ropes with Kongs!! The Cruzr XC feels like money so far. I've got a lot to learn and figure out, but I'm excited to start the process. I'm committed to using this system for a full season before I make a determination about it's place in my arsenal.

NC

I have the same set up as you and this was my second year in the saddle and I can honestly say the only time I've been uncomfortable is when I picked a tree that leaned slightly to the side (didn't notice on the ground). And even that wasn't bad.
Only thing I can say is hopefully you have plenty of disposable income and an understanding wife

I have the same set up as you and this was my second year in the saddle and I can honestly say the only time I've been uncomfortable is when I picked a tree that leaned slightly to the side (didn't notice on the ground). And even that wasn't bad.
Only thing I can say is hopefully you have plenty of disposable income and an understanding wife
Luckily I have both!

NC

Welcome to the jungle Brother!!! It’s a great way to hunt, from one half centurian to another.

Welcome to the addiction! I use a Hawk saddle and I find it way more comfortable than any tree stand I’ve been in, including summit type seats! I’ll be 56 this year and I just began this adventure 2 seasons ago! Woohoo! Have fun!

Something that might be good would be spend a good bit of time on the friction hitch thread and watch the JRB stuff on you tube or his thread here. Learning to tie hitches and knots is just good general hunting knowledge and in those 2 places you will find a setup that works best for you.

Something that might be good would be spend a good bit of time on the friction hitch thread and watch the JRB stuff on you tube or his thread here. Learning to tie hitches and knots is just good general hunting knowledge and in those 2 places you will find a setup that works best for you.
Thank you! I have been watching his YT Channel for several weeks. Good stuff indeed!

NC

Back