• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hero clip for gear strap

matt23h

Is there anything better then the hero clip to hang your bow from on a gear strap? I live where you can’t screw screws into the tree. Just looking for different ideas.

A modified nightize figure 9 with stealth strips is solid and does not move or turn at all

Is there anything better then the hero clip to hang your bow from on a gear strap? I live where you can’t screw screws into the tree. Just looking for different ideas.

yep

i made something like this

and then attached a hook to my bow

it is much less likely to get bumped off or make noise

i couldn't stand the hero clip in comparison

if you have a bowtech bow, it's super easy to do (they have a tapped hole in the perfect spot), other makes you have to get more creative (folks get kydex, bend and drill holes and then attach to quiver location or elsewhere with bolts, but there are other options also)

here's a thread about it, i've since shortened the hook plate, bent it out a bit so it is easier on/off, and covered the whole thing with stealth strips

works amazing and i could probably hang from my bow

I have been running it for 4 years and it works amazing if your strap is tight, I was a little reluctant to show it because I still like buying figure 9 carabiners……. Look what happened with the safeguardLOL

I did the kydex hooks on mine and I love it!

Attachments

• 43229F64-8567-413A-8D17-CF3D8D1F481A.jpeg
    43229F64-8567-413A-8D17-CF3D8D1F481A.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 35A95A95-C809-4291-90CD-6675D53F7409.jpeg
    35A95A95-C809-4291-90CD-6675D53F7409.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 205
  • C6B6A857-748C-4198-8943-3EDECB6EDB03.jpeg
    C6B6A857-748C-4198-8943-3EDECB6EDB03.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 200
I did remake the one for my quiver though since it had an interference issue with the limb if I was to draw with the quiver on.

I have just been using a nite ize gear tie doubled and wrapped around the tether I hang my pack on. Bend out the tag end in a "U" sorta like the modified 9 posted above. Holds my long bow and full quiver just fine.

I dropped my bow using a medium hero clip. They have a fault in the design IMO. There is a short plastic piece that joins the clip biner to the open hook. Unfortunately both ends are pinned and allow for pivoting. The clip on biner can hit the tree when the lower hook portion is an inch or more from the tree. The lower hook pivots on the plastic piece back against the tree. This allows the opening of the hook that should be at 9 or 10 O clock to rotate down to 8 or 7 O clock or even 6:30. Close to spilling what it is holding.
I switched to a #3 S biner. I used stealth strip to silence the lower half for my bow, to pad it, and to simultaneously tape open the gate. It is smaller and lighter than the hero clip. It does not have the rotation problem. It actually has worked much better than the H clip. I am very pleased with it in my use so far. I hang my string on the hook right where it meets my cam.

Look up petzl caritool tool holder. I transformed one of those into this with a Dremel and a cutting wheel. It is a composite and doesn't have any metal clanking sounds.
I meant to post a pic of it in action. They are all I really use anymore. I am hunting private where I could use a petzl.jpgscrew in, and still using this.

What size Petzl caritool holder is that or what have others used? The large size is advertised around 3 x 5, seems about right?

Back