• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hi from WNY

Bango Skank

Hi all :)
Neat community going here, recently registered and thought I’d say hi.
Not much of a hunter, some pheasant but even that has been years and it was from the ground. Occasionally some trap and if a friend brings a gun for me to borrow, sometimes skeet. I’m not very good, but it’s a lot of fun.

I’m a climbing arborist for the past 21 years, and wanted to browse around here and see if y’all are onto any cool gear or techniques that the tree care industry isn’t. Also I get into some recreational tree climbing if friends or family want to try it, the kiddos usually love it.
I confess I have a bit of a climbing and rigging gear addiction. I love the gadgets, I love climbing, and there’s been some fascinating advances in SRT climbing within the last 10 years or so.

If anyone here is local to me and wants to climb a tree, feel free to holler :)
Y’all be safe out there.
7C1E7095-F9F6-4EA4-94F5-8C8E5430618A.jpeg

Thanks for the welcome y’all! Cool to see some Buffalonians in the house too, plenty of steaks wandering around these woods :)

Lots of reading here, it’s interesting seeing how you guys go about this, the differences in saddle designs, and climbing systems and even terminology. Some stuff is pretty familiar, and some is new to me, and some of it kinda gives me this knee-jerk urge to critique, but I need to be sure I’m understanding the whole picture first.
Good to see the huge focus on safety. One mistake or error in judgment is all it takes and y’all are keeping that in mind constantly. Sometimes it happens to pros that have been climbing for decades. It’s always so heartbreaking.

Very cool community here, I’m impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone is.

Back