• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hi hope i have the right place to post this....well question .. I was wondering does anyone know of hunters getting hurt using a Tree Saddle

Vikingts

Vendor Rep
Hi yes does anyone know of a hunter getting hurt using a Tree Saddle.. and if so how did it happened.. this is just my research... I do not know anyone, so if you do feel free to comment back ! Thanks

I think we’ve had a bunch of near misses and maybe a minor injury or two. None to my knowledge were the fault of equipment. Just misuse of a product.

Yeah, someone can correct me but there’s been some stick kick outs, some not correctly closing/locking carabiner gate. But not direct saddle failure stuff, more operator error than failures...

I fell once. My auto locking carabiner was part open on I think winter clothing or the rope itself. My lineman’s rope let go six feet up. I could not see the saddle loop at my side. I extend those loops and double check everything now. Not hurt. Just bruised That was maybe 3 winters ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 20 foot falls reported on FB.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was hunting in a severe leaner not a good choice but it was where I needed to be,standing on a platform I lost my balance and gravity swung me around the tree and I knocked my bow off the hook and down it went the saddle kept me from falling no injuries except for a bruised ego now I stay out of hard leaners

I think I've read 3 accounts of people falling. The saddle itself didn't fail, but something else went wrong (improperly tied knots or falling while not connected to the tree).

However, that's just the people that came on and told their story. No way to know who fell and kept it to themselves or if there has been a fatality, depending on where it was and the publicity, we may not have heard about it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think I've read 3 accounts of people falling. The saddle itself didn't fail, but something else went wrong (improperly tied knots or falling while not connected to the tree).

However, that's just the people that came on and told their story. No way to know who fell and kept it to themselves or if there has been a fatality, depending on where it was and the publicity, we may not have heard about it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That was the point of my widow comment. Be honest, if someone is injured it probably wouldn’t even make local news. If they die it might make local news but the chances of it getting back to us are not that great in my humble opinion.

Regardless it’s good for the community when people share their mistakes. We can all learn and grow and be safer for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With as many people that are on social media I imagine it would come up....... if it’s a hunting death there’s usually a write up of some kind on the rough details of the event. As much information gets retransmitted here & other saddle related content I think it would be shared. I could be totally wrong & there’s plenty of information on mishaps , & falls. It’s never a bad thing to discuss the implications of what we do......... my bad if it didn’t come as such.

Back