• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hip Waders

Jfastenal1

I’m probably going to be hunting some sloughs this year and down here in Mississippi you gave to be aware of snakes I’m trying to find the best hip waders for this specific task. Do any of you all have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for Snake proof hip waders or are you looking for hip waders and you will just be aware of snakes? @Nutterbuster swears by tingleys with yoder chaps I do believe.

I have some cheap Cabelas hip waders that do the job. They are light and pretty durable. If I could recommend something to you, just make sure you get something that is breathable and not neoprene. This will help you keep cool and wick as much sweat as possible.

Dan's snake protector chaps over your waders. If you're not deer hunting, id carry snake shot in a sidearm

Back