• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Horn Hunter Full Curl Lite

AntlerAddict76

Anybody hear anything about the release of the Full Curl Lite frame pack ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you’ve got my attention... I love my full curl combo. Checks all the boxes as far as features go.

But the weight does have me eyeing other pack brands pretty strongly when I could shave 4lbs off my setup easy by switching to a different brand.

Sent from d_mobile

Just watched the ATA video and it looks like they’re still using same aluminum frame as the full curl combo... so I don’t think we’ll see any significant weight reduction from the pack. Still looks promising and I expect it to be a great gear hauling option at a reasonable price point.

Sent from d_mobile

Hey @d_rek , I got my Combo at the end of the season so really haven't used it. Do you find the weight bothersome? I replaced a X2 with the combo. The combo felt a lot better based on my limited trials and it basically has the same features as the X2. My main reason for switching was to be able to detach that internal bag and toss it on the JX3 when I wasn't in my regular saddle,

Hey @d_rek , I got my Combo at the end of the season so really haven't used it. Do you find the weight bothersome? I replaced a X2 with the combo. The combo felt a lot better based on my limited trials and it basically has the same features as the X2. My main reason for switching was to be able to detach that internal bag and toss it on the JX3 when I wasn't in my regular saddle,

No, in all honesty it isn't particularly bothersome. The pack carries quite well for me too, so that also helps. I haven't officially weighed my setup but here's my breakdown and the total is probably close enough for gov't work:
  • 4 DIY 22" sticks (9~ lbs)
  • predator platform + predator pack (4 lbs)
  • mantis/phantom saddle (2.5lbs w/ ropes + biners)
  • headlamp (.2lb)
  • CYAG aider (.1lb)
  • pull rope (.1lb)
  • hawk tactical solo tree hook x 2 (.5lb)
  • spare archery release (.25lb)
  • 32oz nalgene (2.25 lbs)
  • Horn Hunter Full Curl Combo (7.5 lbs)
  • Total: 26.4 lbs +/- 1lbs
And now that i've added it up it seems quite heavy! I know stone glacier frames w/ a similar design are coming in under 3lbs! But that is just for bare frame w/ no bags or accessories.

I’d like to hear some more from guys who have the full curl lite. Will it haul a boned out whitetail buck out? Or do I need to get the full curl frame for added capacity?

Ran the full curl lite on a couple public land hunts but didn't haul anything other than gear with it. I did shoot a doe but we didn't quarter her out as we were only 150 yards from the road. I suspect it would handle a few quarters no problem. Maybe not a whole deer comfortably. Seems as well built and sturdy as my regular full curl frame. However it does not have an adjustable torso like the full curl does. I'm a bit taller but the pack still fits me well.

D_rek. Thanks for the input. I’m 5’11” and 270. Not totally round but more cube shaped. lol. I plan to walk 1-2 miles back into some places and hauling out the full deer would be awesome. If you don’t think the lite would handle the full animal it might be best for the full curl for me. And the adjustable torso is probably a game changer? Do u have the g2 or g3 bags? Or the organizer ?

I plan to carry with me
Phantom saddle and ropes as needed,
4 shikar sticks
Predator platform
Swaider
Hys strap
Knife
Grunter
Can call
Water
Snacks

as it gets colder extra clothes gloves jacket bibs. Etc

I’d like to have a smaller pack so it’s not so bulky in the tree. Me as A cube already looks funny up in the tree anyway.
Any input is greatly appreciated!

D_rek. Thanks for the input. I’m 5’11” and 270. Not totally round but more cube shaped. lol. I plan to walk 1-2 miles back into some places and hauling out the full deer would be awesome. If you don’t think the lite would handle the full animal it might be best for the full curl for me. And the adjustable torso is probably a game changer? Do u have the g2 or g3 bags? Or the organizer ?

I plan to carry with me
Phantom saddle and ropes as needed,
4 shikar sticks
Predator platform
Swaider
Hys strap
Knife
Grunter
Can call
Water
Snacks

as it gets colder extra clothes gloves jacket bibs. Etc

I’d like to have a smaller pack so it’s not so bulky in the tree. Me as A cube already looks funny up in the tree anyway.
Any input is greatly appreciated!

I have the g2 pack which I believe is the same one that came with the original full curl combo. It’s 1400 cu in which is about perfect size for me to haul extra layers/gear. I like the g2 because If needed you can easily haul it up a tree. I don’t have any experience with the g3 but if you thought you needed the extra room you could always go with it. Personally the more pack I carry the more extra stuff I don’t really need I find myself cramming into it...

Sent from d_mobile

I have the Horn hunter Main beam and really like it for a large daypack with meat hauling capabilities. Last year in Nebraska I pack out both my Doe and Buck. The doe I took 2 trips, since I had my gun and extra cloths. The buck I was able to haul a rear and front quarter in it no problem.

Here’s my entire early season kit with the full curl lite.

ec924dbd465e1c0caf5da9cea8af62f4.jpg
f479cee0010a90d8826e7094dccd7ebc.plist

And Here’s the lite with the g2 pack. I can fit a whole insulated parka(first lite solitude - I’ve also put the sanctuary parka in there too. Just a little more snug) inside of it. I’ve also packed in my sanctuary bibs between sticks and back and lashed it all down.

45b8608eddf601dccdbeebcda6ec3056.jpg
56ec67de9d46e7a32ff3889bb89dd9e2.plist

Sent from d_mobile

Here’s my entire early season kit with the full curl lite.

ec924dbd465e1c0caf5da9cea8af62f4.jpg
f479cee0010a90d8826e7094dccd7ebc.plist

And Here’s the lite with the g2 pack. I can fit a whole insulated parka(first lite solitude - I’ve also put the sanctuary parka in there too. Just a little more snug) inside of it. I’ve also packed in my sanctuary bibs between sticks and back and lashed it all down.

45b8608eddf601dccdbeebcda6ec3056.jpg
56ec67de9d46e7a32ff3889bb89dd9e2.plist

Sent from d_mobile

I like the size of the lite but worry about it being enough pack for the whole animal once quartered or deboned.
My plan with the g2 pack would be to take it loose at the base of the tree during rifle season and just take up the g2. I think it would hold most everything that I’d need. And my clothes I would sandwich between the pack and the frame for the haul in.
I appreciate all the info!

I have the Horn hunter Main beam and really like it for a large daypack with meat hauling capabilities. Last year in Nebraska I pack out both my Doe and Buck. The doe I took 2 trips, since I had my gun and extra cloths. The buck I was able to haul a rear and front quarter in it no problem.

is the main beam a frame pack? I don’t so much want a huge backpack as I want a frame to be able to have ease to carry once fully loaded.

I like the size of the lite but worry about it being enough pack for the whole animal once quartered or deboned.
My plan with the g2 pack would be to take it loose at the base of the tree during rifle season and just take up the g2. I think it would hold most everything that I’d need. And my clothes I would sandwich between the pack and the frame for the haul in.
I appreciate all the info!

You could contact horn hunter see what they say about load capacity. Pretty good company to deal with.

Sent from d_mobile

You could contact horn hunter see what they say about load capacity. Pretty good company to deal with.

Sent from d_mobile
I got a call in already. :). I can’t find any videos besides the one from the southern outdoorsman guys on the lite pack. Are there any others?

I got a call in already. :). I can’t find any videos besides the one from the southern outdoorsman guys on the lite pack. Are there any others?

That’s the one from ATA? That’s the only one I’ve seen. Guess someone should make a video about it...

Sent from d_mobile

is the main beam a frame pack? I don’t so much want a huge backpack as I want a frame to be able to have ease to carry once fully loaded.
It's not a typical frame pack, I would say that it's more of a day pack with an internal frame. It packs down tight and small, but can expand out to haul quarters if needed. For reference I'm 5'9" and around 190 pounds and it fits me very well, good enough that out West I hunt with it on all day and it doesn't bother me. I also have an Apls outdoorz pack and that one is more of a frame pack, and hated wearing it.

I just returned a full curl lite combo. I REALLY liked the setup but there were a couple issues for me. The padding on the belt stopped right at the point of my hips and would sometimes cause discomfort. The bigger reason was that the shoulder harness was not wide enough for me. I have broad shoulders and the inside (towards neck) was taking all the pressure and the outside was was practically off my shoulder. Not helping that is the fact that I suffer from the disease "flatassitis" and with weight loaded up, it would start to slide down on me putting more pressure on shoulders. For reference I'm 5'9" ~180 lbs, wide bodied.

Back