• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Horn Hunter G2 Daypack

pesqimon

Just wanted to give a shout out to the HHG2 Daypack, even though it annoys me with its loud zippers it really is a great pack. Today I was scooping up a couple a set ups while heading back to camp and managed to get it all on this pack. I bet you I could have gotten the bow on there too!

Strapped to the bag are:
Three Heliums
Eight WE Stepps
LWHC
Puffy jacket
Arctic booties
Kneepads

Inside was stuffed with a bunch of stuff. In total I estimate I was carrying over 30 pounds.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do this but it was a short hike and the pack carried it well. Thought it was ridiculous so I snapped this picture. Normally I am just hauling one of these systems, of course.

Had the pack for two(?) years now. Going strong, with no sign of wear even with my shenanigans.

54b205fe83c9faece1042e4edb5df0ba.jpg

@Exhumis knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a love hate with this pack... lately I’ve cut all the padding off it and carry it in hooked to my JX3... yes you can strap a lotta stuff to it, but no matter how little I pack, I feel like I’m rooting around inside it having a hard time finding what I need. Now with cold weather and long sits here, odds are that scenarios gonna get worse before it gets better. I think this is me coming to terms with the fact that I probably need to spend more money sometime, and get more cubic inches.

It’s been a love hate with this pack... lately I’ve cut all the padding off it and carry it in hooked to my JX3... yes you can strap a lotta stuff to it, but no matter how little I pack, I feel like I’m rooting around inside it having a hard time finding what I need. Now with cold weather and long sits here, odds are that scenarios gonna get worse before it gets better. I think this is me coming to terms with the fact that I probably need to spend more money sometime, and get more cubic inches.

i know what you mean. I feel the same way!

Pro tip, it was dead calm this morning, if you hold your thumb under the zipper while it’s moving, it zips almost totally silent.

Back