• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you accessorize your saddle?

Ahawk116

I’ve been running an old ambush saddle for 15 years or so. Wondering what y’all have on your waist belt.

Here’s mine. I think it’s dialed for my system. I don’t carry any sort of pack or anything. This is all that goes with me except my bow.

5685f94b2d2560afc8a75f8de6a571b7.jpg

I hang my platform on the bow holder on the left. Knee pads in a pouch as well as a bow sling and rope just in case.
Saw, bow holders ropes and I throw the stick over my shoulder.

I one stick exclusively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just two dump pouches on mine. One for tether and one for linemans belt. Also like to keep my hangers in one. Rest goes in fanny pack or backpack

Nothing. I hate having stuff hanging off of my saddle. Everything goes in the turkey vest.
I'm with this sentiment. The only thing I have on my saddle is my pull up/retrieval string and I take it off once in the tree. I don't want anything on the back of me that may scrape on the tree if I need stand up on my platform and turn around for any reason.

Nothing on mine. I carry a Doyle's hoist in a Dano fleece pouch on the left hip of the waist belt of my pack, and a Dano fleece pouch with tether, aider, and accessories strap on the right hip.

Anything I try to carry on my saddle interferes with the waist belt of my pack.

I’ve been running an old ambush saddle for 15 years or so. Wondering what y’all have on your waist belt.

Here’s mine. I think it’s dialed for my system. I don’t carry any sort of pack or anything. This is all that goes with me except my bow.

5685f94b2d2560afc8a75f8de6a571b7.jpg

I hang my platform on the bow holder on the left. Knee pads in a pouch as well as a bow sling and rope just in case.
Saw, bow holders ropes and I throw the stick over my shoulder.

I one stick exclusively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your system. Couple questions: 1. Where did you get those mesh pouches? 2. Do you like the TL knee pads? I have a cheap set of knee pads and my knees still get sore and I have been considering buying your knee pads but I don’t want to strike out and have another pair I’m unhappy with.

I'm looking to go to a turkey vet for some misc stuff rather than a pack. Just keeping an eye out for a cheap one with lots of pockets.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

No pouches on mine.Just my Lineman’s and Tether daisychained up with my tether on my right but cheek and my lineman’s across the back hooked to each lineman’s loop.Everything else goes in a backpack i use whether i am in a stand or in my saddle.Not every where i hunt is very saddle friendly and i cant stand moving gear around.

Single pouch for my lines(running oplux) and a couple plastic biners for clipping my sticks and platform too as I ascend and descend.

I found a lite vest made by Scent Blocker and modified the hell out of it. Reinforced seams, added cordova 500 material to key points and added webbing.
bdd79cd557ac91f4c59429aabde95ea9.jpg
157a5ff49f06025d05f1bb981e79e5aa.jpg
4089c8ebbcd41b6a3cfd44fb3e2f3686.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So cool!

Back