• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How Heavy Is Your Hunting Bag For Self Film

Hellir

Just found a deuter hiking backpack in the attic. Forgot I had it. (Still need to camo it. I just wanted to see how it worked first). I’m going to be self-filming my hunts. So as of now these are the items on the backpack. Everything weighs around 28lbs + my saddle crap 8lbs.

- Trophyline Wingman w/ aider, cam cleat and rope
- Predator XL Platform
- Muddy Hunt Camera Arm
- Black Rack
- Sony Camcorder
- iPhone (for reaction shot) w/ tether clip
- Bono’s
- Rangefinder
- And a bunch of little items in the top zipper.

All of that is coming in around 28 lbs. just for the bag. (My saddle is coming in around 8lbs) I know it’s a lot, but does that seem excessive for those that do filming? I do know the platform/climbing stick are definitely adding to the weight but that’s gotta stay.

Thanks, friends.
c851a72e10cd80a2c01733f1385cb2e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, what saddle setup are you using at 8lbs? Self filming setup sounds about right

I’m trying to figure that out myself. Can’t seem to get it lighter. Well, not without changing the setup.

- CRUZR XC 2
- Linemans 9mm w/ 6mm Prusik & carabiner
- Tether 9mm w/ 7mm Prusik & carabiner
- Rappel Rope 9mm 40ft w/ Madrock & carabiner
- HYS strap & S Clips
- TETHRD recliner and MVP strap
- DynaGlide 30ft Bow Retrieval w/ tiny carabiner

Not ready to hunt just yet with the rappel rope as my tether. But that’s not crazy weight anyway. The rappel rope for sure is adding a bunch. But it’s just everything added together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back