• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How many 1 stickers use a couple Squirrel steps/ROS?

I use tree hopper steps total of 4 couple inches above my one stick angled scout. Won’t leave home without it!!

When I one stick with my Scout, I use anywhere between 0 and 5 steps, depending on circumstances.

I don’t, yet, but I know someone who does (not a member here). He’s not a member here, but I certainly trust his judgement so I’m very likely to give it a try.

ETA: he uses two squirrel steps

Last edited:
Yes I do. I pair 2-3 with the scout or soon to be ion and it gets me 360 around the tree. Plus its comfortable to be able to set the steps a few inches above the stick and kick your feet up for a diff angle option while sitting or just to spread your knees out a bit. Highly suggest it! And if you want the best OCB strap on the market, contact tree hopper. The new ocb he has is by far the best I’ve used. Easily able to get my steps twice as tight compared to my ewo ocb strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry 3 in my pouch at all times. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. As other have mentioned, circumstances/situation drive whether I use them or not. However, won't go out to hunt without them anymore.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yup, I always use at least 2 steps with my scout platform. I’ve always used a ROS so I’m basically addicted to being able to walk around the tree. Did a couple of hunts with just a platform and didn’t like not being able to hide and shift, etc

Sorry, quadruple post. Phone went crazy....

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back