• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How many deer have you killed?

Nutterbuster

SH Member
I don't want to turn this into a competition, but I'm really curious.

I just added every one I can remember up and so far I'm at an even 20. For a broke 25 year old I'm not too disappointed, but I definitely want that number to go up. Of course, I killed my first when I was maybe 7? So I'd like to think I neglected a doe or two. Sometimes mine and my dad's kills run together too since we hunt so much and I clean the majority of his deer lately. But I know for sure I've accounted for 20.

Let me know:

How old you are

When you started

How many seasons

Where you're from/where you generally hunt

And how many deer you've kilt!

This might be a fun summer post!

I have never killed a deer outside of Alabama and hunt primarily public, btw.

So I’m 21 years old and I started hunting at 16. I think I’ve been hunting for six seasons now if I’m counting that up right lol. I’m from NH and I’ve only hunted NH with a mix of public and private land. I’ve shot 7 deer now, 4 with trad equipment. I’ve got a lot to learn but I love every minute of my six seasons!

So I’m 21 years old and I started hunting at 16. I think I’ve been hunting for six seasons now if I’m counting that up right lol. I’m from NH and I’ve only hunted NH with a mix of public and private land. I’ve shot 7 deer now, 4 with trad equipment. I’ve got a lot to learn but I love every minute of my six seasons!
You're off to a hot start! That stick isn't slowing you down at all! Good on ya!

Started in 1999, at age 10, so that makes 20 seasons.

From & mostly hunt north central MS. Have been on three OOS public land trips to two states.

I can't even come up with how many I've killed. First gun buck at 10, bow deer at 13, bow buck at 19. Was 99% bow only from 17-28. Quick count comes up with 16 gun bucks and 9 bow bucks. 1 P&Y.

Let me know:

How old you are.......54

When you started......10

How many seasons......54-10=44

Where you're from/where you generally hunt......SC/SC

And how many deer you've kilt!......pushing 200.

I have never killed a deer outside of Alabama and hunt primarily public, btw......have killed deer in SC/Ga/OH/MI/CT/NY

How old you are 62 / when you started 1980. / seasons 38 / northern Virginia / how many deer/don't even remember exactly as basically we in northern Virginia enjoy urban archery seasons early and late seasons lasting nearly 8 months about 3 months of buck season in the middle and unlimited anterless tags if you want so since 2000 any where from 10 to 20 a year we are allowed 3 bucks only a year so most are antlerless ok l just started saddle hunting in February my first time out used spurs to get up the tree a doe came in close and bingo so 1 deer from a saddle!

Legal? I was a little roguish in my younger years and have participated in some legal night deer culls also. Actually hunting I’m I can count 26ish. Nothing huge. That’s 25 years with about as many seasons of killing zero as killing multiple. About half of those are public land even though I have probably spent more time hunting private. The wife started eating deer meat finally and we are really going through it. Probably plan for three to five this year between me and my son but he’s really been slacking the last few years.

How old you are 62 / when you started 1980. / seasons 38 / northern Virginia / how many deer/don't even remember exactly as basically we in northern Virginia enjoy urban archery seasons early and late seasons lasting nearly 8 months about 3 months of buck season in the middle and unlimited anterless tags if you want so since 2000 any where from 10 to 20 a year we are allowed 3 bucks only a year so most are antlerless ok l just started saddle hunting in February my first time out used spurs to get up the tree a doe came in close and bingo so 1 deer from a saddle!

Good catch. Need to add how many from a saddle......started late No ember last year and killed 2 so far.

I didn't know we were supposed to keep score...:confused:
Not for the purpose of one-upping other hunters, definitely. But for me it's inspiring to see folks with high body counts, since I hope to heavens that I'll see triple digits one day.

@dalton916 I've only killed 6 from a saddle.

I am 31 now. 32 during this season

I started when I was 12 (1999)

All of them. Mostly gun when I was younger so I really only had a few days each year.

I lived in Ohio, now Indiana. Killed my deer in Kentucky.

3 (2 my first year 2015, and 1 my second year 2016, both with a rifle)

I’ve been mostly bow hunting since then and have had 2 I was unable to recover...

Not for the purpose of one-upping other hunters, definitely. But for me it's inspiring to see folks with high body counts, since I hope to heavens that I'll see triple digits one day.

@dalton916 I've only killed 6 from a saddle.

Keeping track early on is easy since the numbers are few but as I progressed, keeping track is something I purposely wouldn't do. To me keeping track of how many deer I killed just seemed to me to be putting emphasis in the wrong area. That's just me, I'm certainly not knocking anyone for keeping track of kills.

I’m 47...started when I was 9.... I’m in the 150 deer killed range.....hunt in SC now, grew up in Indiana....none from a saddle but I did get a hunt in from dalton916’s sitdrag near the end of last year......I’ve killed deer in IN/OH/KY/MI/ILL/SC/NC/TN

My uncle tried to get me hunting when I was 12, but it was a really bad experience and it didn't take.

I picked the bow up again 7 years ago at age 36, and spent my first five seasons sitting and watching... not entirely true, I was able to put a couple of cool spot and stalks on some Young bucks that I didn't get, as well as did loose an arrow on a buck my second year hunting, but the arrow deflected and flew over his back.
In October of 2017 I got my first deer, a young nine-point. One week later I passed on a 10-point of the same age class at 10 yards. I haven't had an opportunity to shoot at a buck since... Didn't even have one in bow range this past season, though I did see a few in the field.
I've hunted Southeast Michigan the entire time, the first five years on one little 40-acre chunk of private, the last two on that piece as well as several public land spots around my house. Mostly ag- hardwoods, or marsh.

Started deer hunting at age 15 in 1997. I’m 37 so coming up on 22 years. Got semi serious in my early twenties. Have been very serious the past 7 and have been 95% archery the last 7 years. I think I’ve killed probably 75% of my deer in the past 10 years

44 total (that I can remember, I expect there’s a dozen or so that I can’t recall right now)

Florida - 12 bucks 6 does
Georgia - 11 bucks 7 does
Kentucky - 3 bucks 1 doe
Ohio - 1 buck 1 doe
South Carolina - 2 does

Haven’t been in many clubs, lots of public land

Best deer were a 150, 142, and a 134, from KY, OH, and GA respectively

Hopefully this coming season I’ll get to add a couple more to the total and they will be saddle kills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36f4d0b563c56b8193153ad9254511d4.jpg

The 3 best that made it to the wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea in total. Not because it's a lot but because my memory sucks especially for stuff like this. I do know I've killed most from the ground and saddles. Only killed 1 from a climber a long time ago. If I had to guess over the course of my hunting career maybe somewhere between 15 and 20? Started hunting deer at 11 but missed many seasons off and on since I was 18 due to my job. I am 32 now. Grew up and killed most of those deer in southern Indiana but have lived in NC the last few years where Ive killed four.

62yrs old bowhunting exclusively scine 1988 killed roughly 200 deer with bow,got a couple p&y deer and about 20 nc trophy class bucks,won Wyoming outfitters biggest antelope by bow 1 year with a p&y speed goat and killed 6 turkeys with the bow including one with the recurve this year.Best of all have been inducted into the nc bowhunters hall of fame!

Back