• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How much have you spent on your saddle setup?

Kyhunter1

SH Member
How much have you spent on your saddle setup? Me so far, and Iyet to hunt from a saddle a single day.

Trophyline saddle and tether lineman's ropes.
Ridge runner platform
Artisan mini platform on my top stick
3 EWO Doublesteps lightweight climbing sticks with aiders attached.

Ive spent over $800. Man, this is crazy! But I like it. Most Ive spent on hunting gear in several years.
I picked up this stuff a little at a time, no way I could afford it all at once.

My motivation is to have a lighter setup for my walk in day hunts. I love hunting from my old API grandslam climber but very tired of packing the weight. The saddle setup Im packing now is around 14 pounds total. The old api with the shooting rail, harness, and other related gear is around 30 pounds. Weight is cut by over 50% but at a high cost. Ive caught the saddle bug. Its the most excited i've been over hunting gear in a long time.

175 for H2 Saddle
30 for pouches
60 for 30ft oplux
90 for safeguard
60 for my stick
75 for platform
20 oplux lineman
25 for carabiners and s-biners
10 for prusik cord
prolly another 50 for misc bits and extra stuff
that sets me just shy of $600
i didnt buy it all at once either, and a lot of what i have now is stuff ive sold and traded for, so actual money spent might be off.

and then there is stuff ive purchased for my bow, like new strings, arrows, broadheads, sight, stabilizer. its amazing my wife still allows me in the house

I had to go in a closet to post this so my wife dont see this but Im a noob this year and I've been throwing money around like I was a strip club after winning the lotto. Ugghh
$215 2 sets of 4 20" Hawks 1 for Pre set other to pack in
$270 H2 Sadlle and kit
$106 to our man @DanO to swap out buckles for Daisy chains, webbing to make aiders, kydex molle loop holders(?) etc.
$110 for a new Tru-Fire Beast release.

I'm sure there will be more to come.....thanks to you guys

Couldn't agree more. The last few years I've just went throught the motions. Even after taking a decent 9 pt last year.
But for some reason, saddling has sparked a fire in me again.
I agree. I've always been a die hard bow hunter but after 40+ years it had gotten a little like rote memorization. Saddle hunting has completely rejuvenated my hunting experience. That alone is worth whatever vast sum of money I have spent to date. :)

Back