• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How much water do you guys pack in?

gameflogger

SH Member
I live in Texas, and a lot of times when I hunt it is a little warm. I always bring in about 2 liters of water if I am going to hunt for more than a couple hours. Im just curious how much water you other fellas pack in for long sits.

I keep a case of bottled water in the truck and before heading out I'll empty 4 into 2sports squeeze bottle style bottles that have dedicated pouches on my vest....

3L bladder full. Don’t drink much of it just sitting. But in case deer goes down and have to drag it forever I bring extra. Also nice to use to clean the blood off your hands!

I live in Texas, and a lot of times when I hunt it is a little warm. I always bring in about 2 liters of water if I am going to hunt for more than a couple hours. Im just curious how much water you other fellas pack in for long sits.
In CT we don't deal with the heat like you have in TX, and I usually get by with 1L on a hunt. If I know I'll be out dawn to dusk, I'll bring 2. But I don't like to drink too much on stand. I prefer to carry it in a bladder instead of a bottle because I find it's stealthier. On stand, I can sip through the hydration tube without moving much ... if I have to fish a water bottle out of my pack I move a lot more. I also find that if I move to another location during the day, a partially empty water bottle is a lot noisier than a partially empty water bladder.

I’m in FL & usually bring one bottle of soda (16-20oz size) and one bottle of water (16oz) each sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always make sure I bring 3-4 half liter bottles with me and more in the truck. Years ago I stuck a doe on opening day when it was 90 degrees out. Burned through what little I had just hauling my gear to the truck and getting the cart. Forgot my cooler with extra water at our campsite. By the time I got the doe back to the truck I ended up jumping in a creek cause I was nearing heat stroke territory. Now water is the one area I don’t worry about weight.

Back