• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How old do you think he is?

I am guessing 3.

0e7754d46b0a63a502abc82c39720963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a cool pic! This is at my land in Northern WI. The first pic is from a plot I hunting near my home.
My buck chances are looking good this year!
a30f9ee6e59799f92e5a679266b7c4f2.jpg

OP-Tough question to answer with one picture. That’s a shooter where I hunt regardless! I’d say minimum 3.5.

I agree! I hunt a spot that is 25 acres and seems to be a spot where the bucks stop off at, not not stay.

Each year brings a new buck onto the property

Tough angle but I'm going w 3 1/2. Definitely doesn't look like a 4 yt old to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think this is him last year

305ca0f313eb40b98ba95d06e4705621.jpg

I'm guessing this might not be the same buck when you consider rack width, brow tines, and overall rack shape. This buck also has a bump or small point coming off his front right pedicle...these usually are very consistent from yr to yr. I harvested a nice eight point this size just a few yrs ago and his 3 yr pic compared to his 4 yr pic were identical with two pedicle points in the same location. Anyway, the bonus here is you could have two bucks instead of one to hunt
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

It’s tough to say off one picture. Best to ground check them. Then you can weigh them check tooth wear etc.

My guess b 3 1/2. I shot a 7pt last year and I would have swore he was 3 1/2. Nope 2 1/2 checked by the boys at the district HQ down the road. Nice 2 1/2 year old though. QDM at my house consists of rotating the packages of last years meat in my freezer to make room for the coming year.

Back