• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Howdy from MI

timjohnson408

What's up, everyone! I'm somewhat new to this world, not only saddle hunting, but hunting in general. I'm hear to learn it all! I've hunted a just a handful of times spread over the last 6 years or so but have yet to shoot at anything. Last year was my most successful year where I got out maybe 3 times, and saw a couple doe while in a tree stand but didn't draw on them because I thought they were too small. I moved back to my hometown in SE MI, in June and a few of my friends have started me on this path of sitting in a saddle. So far they've set me up with a sit drag, and we're kind of piecing together some things to get me situated. Looking forward to getting out in a couple weeks here!

Good luck out there!
Tim

Welcome from Lapeer County! Hope you can get out into the woods a little bit more this year and get a chance to put some venison on the table.

Welcome from Lansing! My advice to a new hunter is to save yourself a lot of frustration early, watch Dan Infalt’s YouTube channel and read John Eberhart’s books. Don’t watch the TV guys, they’re just infomercials for hunting junk.

Back