• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hoyt satori

Robbo

Anyone own one, and what’s your thoughts on this bow? Thanks

I was next to someone shooting one last week. Probably his tuning but it seemed very loud, for the price I purchased two one piece longbows from a local bowyer near me... thing was fast though... suppose it’s whatever you’re into, price tag in Canada seemed a little steep to me for what it is. But I might be bias as I am a wood bow guy.

Robbo,

I have not owned a Satori but I owned a Buffalo which preceded the Satori for several years. The Buffalo was one of the finest recurves I ever shot and I loved it. I could not hold on to it in the stand so I reluctantly sold it. The metal riser was too cold and I rarely wear a glove. The Satori has an excellent reputation and from other owners I know, is an upgrade to the Buffalo. Hoyt has been making excellent compound bows for years and I believe their recurves would be just as good. One of the premier bow hunters in the world (Fred Echler?) had a hand in its design so it is a bow built for hunting. If you are on the fence about one you should find a Hoyt dealer and shoot one to see if it fits you. Good luck!

I have a Refkex Nomad which I believe was the same as the Hoyt Dorado. Most accurate bow I own.

Funny you bring this up. If I can't find other limbs for the Nomad, it's either convert it to ILF.......or buy a new Satori.

I have 2 satori risers but I use win and win limbs on them. The satori limbs are good limbs. The high end target limbs are just a touch smoother and faster. The satori risers are the best risers I have ever used though.

I have a 19" Satori riser with TradTech (Win & Win) 50# mid length limbs for hunting and the Hoyt 35# limbs for target shooting. Don't think you will be disappointed. If it is loud something is wrong.

I have a Refkex Nomad which I believe was the same as the Hoyt Dorado. Most accurate bow I own.

Funny you bring this up. If I can't find other limbs for the Nomad, it's either convert it to ILF.......or buy a new Satori.
You can convert ILF limbs to fit that riser very easy

I’m wanting the 19 inch riser, which limbs do you all recommend. I shoot a 25 inch draw

I’m wanting the 19 inch riser, which limbs do you all recommend. I shoot a 25 inch draw
With a 25 inch draw you could shoot short limbs on any riser. Even the 17 inch. I have a 30 inch draw and I shoot longs on the 19, mediums on the 21

I had a Buffalo and a Satori, both were great bows. Nice and quiet with a Mountain Muffler string.

The ILF limbs on the Satori are a real plus

Back