• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting Beast videos

drew13

Hi guys -
I know some of you are familiar with Dan Infalt, his Hunting Beast website and buck bed hunting tactics. I just got his Hill Country Bucks video and even though I've read a lot about buck bedding, tactics, etc - I still learned a lot of good info. I definitely recommend it.

A question though, too - has anyone watched his Marsh Bucks video? I don't have a lot of swamps/marsh around me but I can't help but wonder if there are tidbits in there that would be useful... Wondering if it's worth the money. Any thoughts from someone who has seen it?

Thanks for your opinion,
Drew

I think it is absolutely worth it. Even if it just gives your more insight into how he thinks. I am becoming a much more analytical hunter thanks to all of the info dan has shared. Whenever I find something now I find myself asking, why?

I tried to order his and John Es videos but we're all out of stock at the time. Would love to get my hands on a copy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good videos - I learned a few things from them. I do find it really challenging in the south to find individual bucks beds - the bucks in my area rarely bed in same beds - the food and cover is just to large. Also, the green growth down here is so quick and thick that you seldom if ever find a bed worn down to the ground. Does tend to use similar bedding areas but not the bucks. What works well for me is to hunt travel corridors and doe bedding areas during the rut...... the rest of the season I focus on food sources close to heavy cover and then bottlenecks/funnels/ travel corridors to those food sources. I wish I had the snow they have up north to really hone in on deer down here.

You guys talked me into it. Ordered the swamp bucks DVD today. Thanks for your opinions.

DaveT1963 said:
Good videos - I learned a few things from them. I do find it really challenging in the south to find individual bucks beds - the bucks in my area rarely bed in same beds - the food and cover is just to large. Also, the green growth down here is so quick and thick that you seldom if ever find a bed worn down to the ground...
What works well for me is to hunt travel corridors and doe bedding areas during the rut...food sources close to heavy cover and then bottlenecks/funnels/ travel corridors to those food sources...

I Second everything you said. About the videos, and the hunting i agree with all that. Except the snow part. They can keep that junk. But I tend to focus on the same things here in my corner of the south. Does are pretty easy to find. Bucks? Well I usually see three or four including the one year olds per season. If I wanna hunt a buck around here, usually only get a shot around the rut. Rarely see them other times.

I will add my 2 cents. I have both videos I bought from Dan after attending one of his scouting workshops. Even thought we don't have much hill country in central WI I took a lot from that DVD. It doesn't take much of a terrain change to apply the same understanding of how a buck beds in the hills. The marsh bucks DVD was a great addition to the scouting workshop and really reinforced the concepts that Dan uses. I found it amazing how he can look at a areal view of a property he has never set foot on and pinpoint the location of a bucks bed based off of terrain features and wind directions. He did this on a few of my maps and they were where he said they would be. Going in I thought I had a good understanding of how to get onto bucks but this opened a whole new world as far as finding them throughout the year and not only during the rut. I used what I learned from Dan and the hunting beast during my spring scouting and literally found dozens of buck beds and places to set up on these beds. I have even looked at a map of a new property and have been able to determine where a bed may be, went out there and found the bed. Or have been scouting and saw a spot I felt a bed should be and went over and found one. I owe a lot to Dan and his willingness to share his knowledge which turned what I thought I new into what I now know as proven tactics for hunting mature bucks.

I have all three. Dan isn't in the farm bucks video but it's good too.

You gotta go to the original company for it blood brother outdoors. Now it's an odd name as I don't believe they are even friends anymore.

If you read enough over on that forum you'll probably run across my account. I've always been a bed hunter but it made me better. Used to just push it till I found beds and it often took years. Last year I blew four different bucks out of beds trying to get too close. I shot my rifle doe based on considering where they would go that day from scouting and that days prevailing wind... blind. Shot the doe after a short 30 mins in the tree.

Yesterday I bought the Marsh bucks and Eberharts Pressured Whitetails DVDs on Amazon. Now to find a DVD player in my house. I haven't watched a movie from a disc in years.

Chistavocat said:
I will add my 2 cents. I have both videos I bought from Dan after attending one of his scouting workshops. Even thought we don't have much hill country in central WI I took a lot from that DVD. It doesn't take much of a terrain change to apply the same understanding of how a buck beds in the hills. The marsh bucks DVD was a great addition to the scouting workshop and really reinforced the concepts that Dan uses. I found it amazing how he can look at a areal view of a property he has never set foot on and pinpoint the location of a bucks bed based off of terrain features and wind directions. He did this on a few of my maps and they were where he said they would be. Going in I thought I had a good understanding of how to get onto bucks but this opened a whole new world as far as finding them throughout the year and not only during the rut. I used what I learned from Dan and the hunting beast during my spring scouting and literally found dozens of buck beds and places to set up on these beds. I have even looked at a map of a new property and have been able to determine where a bed may be, went out there and found the bed. Or have been scouting and saw a spot I felt a bed should be and went over and found one. I owe a lot to Dan and his willingness to share his knowledge which turned what I thought I new into what I now know as proven tactics for hunting mature bucks.

Welcome to the site, and great input!

g2outdoors said:
Yesterday I bought the Marsh bucks and Eberharts Pressured Whitetails DVDs on Amazon. Now to find a DVD player in my house. I haven't watched a movie from a disc in years.
You won't regret pulling the player out. They are all gread videos. You can always rip them to your computer and store them there forever

redsquirrel said:
You won't regret pulling the player out. They are all gread videos. You can always rip them to your computer and store them there forever

That's what I'll end up doing. I like to watch videos on my phone when I have down time throughout the day. I have some of ElkNut's DVDs that I've done that with as well.

Anyone have any of these videos? The hill country and such? Never heard of these videos and don't watch much tv or movies but these interest me.

Blinginpse said:
Anyone have any of these videos? The hill country and such? Never heard of these videos and don't watch much tv or movies but these interest me.

Yes. I have all of John Eberharts videos, and Dan' Marsh Bucks and Hill Country Bucks videos. Johns videos are great because it is just great visual insight into how he scouts, sets up and hunts (if you have read his books it is very similar, but its good to actually see it in action). If you haven't been to the hunting beast, Dan Infalt's website is www.thehuntingbeast.com. He focuses on hunting bucks in their beds and getting really close so you can catch them on foot during daylight. The most amazing thing about both of those guys is their willingness to share all of their hard earned knowledge. All of the videos are purely educational, nothing like hunting shows.

I've watched the eberhart movies I wasn't really impressed with him somethig kinda got under my skin about him but I can't tell you why.

I've been tryin to get on HB for months can't never get on so I contacted a board admin today and hopefully can get in there and do some
Reading.

Would you be willing to loan out the dan infalt movies?

I never heard of Dan before. Found his site and viewed some footage there and on YouTube. I like it. Much better than the stuff on TV.

I agree with what Red said - it is pretty cool that Dan Infalt AND a lot of the guys on his huntingbeast site are willing to share so much knowledge.

On a related note - for those going to the huntingbeast forums for the first time, I recommend that you start with the "All time best tactical threads" which is a sticky with a bunch of links in it. This is a good way to get a feel for the kind of tactics and discussions that go on there.

Blinginpse said:
I've watched the eberhart movies I wasn't really impressed with him somethig kinda got under my skin about him but I can't tell you why.

I've been tryin to get on HB for months can't never get on so I contacted a board admin today and hopefully can get in there and do some
Reading.

Would you be willing to loan out the dan infalt movies?

To be honest, the price of shipping them back and forth is probably a significant percentage of the cost of the dvds. They are 9.99 each on his website. Dan is so open to sharing his knowledge and for the information I think that price is dirt cheap. I would recommend supporting him :)

Back