• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting mobile with tree saddle & ghillie suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidneystones_3000

I hunt in South East Wisconsin some of the habitat hunt in is a combination marsh woods and farm land. Thier is more hunting pressure because i live near Milwaukee. Here is the situation encounter when scouting i find deer sign that is really good but it very hard or impossible to hunt from a tree even with a tree saddle because thier is so much brush i have sometimes i can only get a 15yd shot because so thick. I hunt mostly small parcels 500 acre or less and 100% public land ( i do hunt larger parcels up North). I was not able to scout this spring because i sprained my ankle and alot of family obligations but i did some find new locations that really but i didn't scout yet. The deer ratio of county i hunt is 18 deer per square mile and 1.8 bucks per square mile.

I plan on buying a ghillie suit that fits in my back so i am ready on the ground when necessary. I enjoy hunting from the tree more and this would the first Year hunting on the ground ( i am in my late 40s). I learned this method from the podcast the truth from a stand and the guy from the hunting public who's tall and curly hair. I also plan on using a Montana doe deer decoy the one has head on the ground and is feeding .
1) my question is this what is a ghillie suite that fits well in my back pack and i can use cold weather , that also good camfloge for both marshes habitat and using in the woods. That would also fit over regular camafloge suite.I never used a ghillie suite before so it will be my first time ever.

If anyone hunts this style that has advise for me let me know. With the type of land i hunt and hunting situations find myself it seems its the only way to hunt now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back