• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I had strings, but now I'm free...

Nutterbuster

SH Member
There are no strings on me. :)

I've let Trophyline know that while I support what they're doing, being affiliated isn't what I want right now. I miss being a "real boy." Gear is cool, but being one of the boys is cooler. I like to think that I am generally cordial and disagree in a civil way when I feel differently than others, but the responsibilities that come with representing a company on here weigh heavy on my little ole shoulders.

I wanna be able to say what I want while drinking a beer. And what I wanna say is there are a lot of awesome saddles, people, and companies out there. Some I like more than others. I disagree with anybody who doesn't support what @redsquirrel and the mods do on here. This place is my happy home, and papasquirrel built it. I've made some phenomenal friends on here, learned a lot, and helped a little.

There's a little bit of side-taking, tribe-forming, faction-splitting, and other goofiness going on. I've been guilty of it too. It's easy to get sucked in. I'm not a particularly King James kinda guy, but "let there be no denominations among you" resonates with me. The only #team I wanna be on from here on out is #saddlehunter.com.

I wanna spitball ideas, learn, share, grow, and have fun. If I see something I like, I wanna be able to get excited and tell everybody whether it has the right logo on it or not. If I don't understand I wanna be able to ask questions. If I disagree I wanna be able to do so, with the understanding that papa's house has a "be respectful" rule.

This forum is more to me than free gear, and my ego is big enough that I don't need "prostaff" in my sig to feel good. ;)

Your altruism is impressive. Are you always so humble?
Me? I am kind, magnanimous, benevolent, and above all...unselfish. (Thanks to Professor Meeker for that quote, wherever you are.) I'm literally the humblest person I know. ;)

Nah, my momma always said I was a big-headed, strutting rooster. Luckily I've got plenty of friends to throw rocks at my mirror and keep me grounded. :)

There are no strings on me. :)

I've let Trophyline know that while I support what they're doing, being affiliated isn't what I want right now. I miss being a "real boy." Gear is cool, but being one of the boys is cooler. I like to think that I am generally cordial and disagree in a civil way when I feel differently than others, but the responsibilities that come with representing a company on here weigh heavy on my little ole shoulders.

I wanna be able to say what I want while drinking a beer. And what I wanna say is there are a lot of awesome saddles, people, and companies out there. Some I like more than others. I disagree with anybody who doesn't support what @redsquirrel and the mods do on here. This place is my happy home, and papasquirrel built it. I've made some phenomenal friends on here, learned a lot, and helped a little.

There's a little bit of side-taking, tribe-forming, faction-splitting, and other goofiness going on. I've been guilty of it too. It's easy to get sucked in. I'm not a particularly King James kinda guy, but "let there be no denominations among you" resonates with me. The only #team I wanna be on from here on out is #saddlehunter.com.

I wanna spitball ideas, learn, share, grow, and have fun. If I see something I like, I wanna be able to get excited and tell everybody whether it has the right logo on it or not. If I don't understand I wanna be able to ask questions. If I disagree I wanna be able to do so, with the understanding that papa's house has a "be respectful" rule.

This forum is more to me than free gear, and my ego is big enough that I don't need "prostaff" in my sig to feel good. ;)
Wait, this means you’ve been holding back for the last 3-4 months??? Look out!!!

I did the whole pro staff in my past life (tree stand hunting) and it was fun getting discounts from a lot of different companies it was just not for me in the fact that I felt like I was turning into a fan boy for the wrong reasons. I truly believed in the products I was representing but after a while it felt like the companies were wanting us to basically get their logos tattooed on our forehead and that was not for me. I am all for letting people know about what I use and why I use it but wanting someone's facebook and Instagram to pages to become all about advertisement just for the big guy to line their pockets was not for me.

Not saying that TL was doing that but I understand the feeling of not feeling like your free to say what you really want. Sometimes it is nice to say what you want or drink a beer when you want and not have to think about if your going to tick anyone off.

I did the whole pro staff in my past life (tree stand hunting) and it was fun getting discounts from a lot of different companies it was just not for me in the fact that I felt like I was turning into a fan boy for the wrong reasons. I truly believed in the products I was representing but after a while it felt like the companies were wanting us to basically get their logos tattooed on our forehead and that was not for me. I am all for letting people know about what I use and why I use it but wanting someone's facebook and Instagram to pages to become all about advertisement just for the big guy to line their pockets was not for me.

Not saying that TL was doing that but I understand the feeling of not feeling like your free to say what you really want. Sometimes it is nice to say what you want or drink a beer when you want and not have to think about if your going to tick anyone off.
Yeah, I did prostaff in the archery world. I chuckle when folks on here talk about toxicity.

Trophyline was/is awesome. They asked for nothing but my honest thoughts about the saddle and a few social media posts. We talked from day one about the fact that I loved lots of other products (kite, jx3, squirrel steps, anderson, treehopper, etc) and that i would continue to use all of them. They were cool with that. I posted pics and videos of me killing a nice buck in a non-trophyline saddle and they had nothing to say but congrats.

I think they're a good company making a good product, and I look forward to seeing what they do in the future.

Other than that vendor rep flag a guy could hardly tell you were prostaff anyway. Your probably the only guy whose a prostaff for a saddle company that was asking about other saddles. That ain't a bad thing either! Why settle for 1 when there's so many options out there. Great time to be a saddle hunter with no strings!

Back