• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I just don’t know what I want for climbing

jsthunting

I’m from the hang and hunt way of hunting so sticks are a norm. I bought WildEdge and I’m just not sure about them. I have Hawk helium full size sticks and XOP sticks. I used to own Muddy Pro sticks years ago. I’ve been looking at beast sticks but not in stock. I just don’t know what I want. I plan on putting predator platform in back in a outside cinch down pouch.

I use a treehopper hand drill and bolts. Love it. 3.5lb for the drill and 18 bolts

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

I use three hawks with an aider, gets me to over 20' but I have grasshopper legs so there's that. Unfortunately you're just gonna hafta keep banging away into you find what works best. For example I though the Cranford steps were gonna be awesome until I tried them and they didn't work for me.

Yeah I’m super comfortable with sticks in general but started saddle hunting to get away from the weight. I chose WE really because of the carry system is compact. I’m thinking of cutting down my Hawks. I guess I will just have to keep trying stuff until I find exactly what I like.

I went through sticks, we steps, Spurs, hand climber, screw in steps, and have settled on one-stick climbing. 2 pounds for one stick, can go as high as needed, climb any tree, no packing back up at end of hunt, always tethered, and quiet.

What I like about Wild Edge steps is they are very compact, easy and solid to climb, heavily limbed trees are not an issue, and can be used as a platform/ring of steps. Once you get the ropes stretched and snap them on a few different trees you really get the hang of it. I can space them over 3ft apart and get pretty high without using any form of an aider using only 6-8 steps.

Back