• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I lost my best hunting buddy.

Ckwilli

SH Member
My best hunting buddy for the last 11 years died this morning. She was an awesome girl and never once gave up on a bird. She would rather retrieve ducks than anything else in life. She and I volunteered together and took many veterans on their first duck hunts. She always made a point to pay extra attention to those guys. I think she knew when someone needed a little bit of extra love. I'll miss you girl.
65ed7d0097deef3dd278c73ecb3b31d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

That blows man! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Nothing like a great hunting buddy. Loyal to the end. Thank you for doing what you did to take veterans out hunting with her!! I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. We lost our dog in April and I still feel the loss. We have a new puppy now and he keeps me busier than I want to be. I still miss the old one.

Sorry for your loss. We lost our dog in April and I still feel the loss. We have a new puppy now and he keeps me busier than I want to be. I still miss the old one.
I'll probably not start a new dog at least for a while. I think I'll try a kayak until then.

They aren't called "man's best friend" for nothing.

I heard this joke one time that said, if you want to see who loves you more out of your wife and your dog, lock them both in your car trunk for a couple hours and see which one is happy to see you when you pop the trunk..

I'm sorry for your loss. I have an older dog. Take comfort that she had a wonderful life with you.

Epitaph to a Dog (written by Lord Byron and inscribed on the monument he erected for his dog)

Near this Spot
are deposited the Remains of one
who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferosity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.
This praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery
if inscribed over human Ashes,
is but a just tribute to the Memory of
BOATSWAIN, a DOG,
who was born in Newfoundland May 1803
and died at Newstead Nov. 18th, 1808.​

Mans best friend... it’s always tough losing them. I wish they lived as long as long as us. I’m sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks for sharing your dogs story. I am sorry for your loss. I sit here reading this string with a dog that I love In My lap and I know she loves me. Peace to you during this tough time friend.

I'll probably not start a new dog at least for a while. I think I'll try a kayak until then.
We lost our Cooper 2 seasons ago. My favorite Cooper story was him swinging a quarter mile down the Connecticut River after my sons first duck. He knocked it down in the air however it still had its legs. Cooper followed it down river when it was above and below the water until he finally retrieved it and brought it back to my 9 yr old son. After 2 seasons we have a deposit in on a new pup coming the spring.

If you are up to it, do you have a story of her to share?

Back