• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I need better boots... suggestion?

DanielB89

I have gone through 3 pairs of lacrosse boots in the past 4 years. They have all leaks and the most recent ones are getting small tears all over them. I do a great amount of walking each year through briars, palmettos, so on and so forth.

I will gladly pay for any boot with a lifetime warranty. Or even a 5 year warranty, that would still save me money.

I have found that pretty much all boots suck. I've had rocky, danner, bates, cabelas, irish setter, muck, and lacrosse. They all have a limited life span if you actually, you know, WALK in them.

Just the cost of doing business. I am kinda excited about the tingleys @redsquirrel talked me into. They're cheap enough that it makes the inevitable replacement hurt less.

I wore a pair of Kamik Icebreakers this past season. They did the trick as far as keeping me dry and warm.

I’ve got a three year old pair of mucks. I wear my pants over them so that saves some tears. The sole is coming loose so I ordered a pair of tide we. I’ll wear them post season scouting and maybe this fall. Of course tide we wanted a review a week after they were delivered. I can say they shipped fast and the size was correct. I’m also wanting to try some tingleys. I want the yoders chaps on a pair but really need to make sure I like the boot first.

Lol. Let me know when you find a rubber boot that lasts 5+ years. I'll buy a crate.

you planning on living forever? I'm looking for a boot you'll only ever need 1 pair.. Surely a saddle hunter member can do that with no problem.

Anyone know a boot company with a 3 year warranty? That'll likely be good enough for me.

you planning on living forever? I'm looking for a boot you'll only ever need 1 pair.. Surely a saddle hunter member can do that with no problem.

Anyone know a boot company with a 3 year warranty? That'll likely be good enough for me.
Best of luck to you man.

The single best pair of boots I've ever seen in person was a pair of chippewas my dad had for probably 20 years. He had them resoled twice. They were leather uppers with rubber up them about 3 inches, kinda like the LL Bean boots. I think you will need a leather boot made by somebody who will do repairs on them to get the durability you're looking for. Rubber today is different than it used to be. Too much filler.

Lacrosse aeroheads have been great for me. I put dozens - maybe even hundreds - of miles on mine each year. Have only had one pair develop a leak, which lacrosse warrantied and sent me a new pair. Otherwise great boots and darn near indestructible.

My zamberlans have been beat to crap and are still water tight, but those aren't knee highs.

Baffin boots from Canada. They are 100% rubber, not the cheap crap used in the states that contain other elements that let the boot break down quickly. I just ordered me a pair of Baffin Titan boots for late season hunting ($120 from Amazon). Plan on picking up a pair of the Baffin Ambush for mid season. Far as early season goes/scouting goes, I just use $20 cheapskates from Dunlop.

You’d be better off finding old American made lacrosse boots at garage sales. Since they started making them in China seems rare anybody gets more than a year out of them. It’s ashame cause granges were the best. I will try the aeroheads or mucks when it’s time for a new pair.

You’d be better off finding old American made lacrosse boots at garage sales. Since they started making them in China seems rare anybody gets more than a year out of them. It’s ashame cause granges were the best. I will try the aeroheads or mucks when it’s time for a new pair.
This is why I went with something other than LaCrosse. Before they were bought out, heard nothing but good things. Not so much the case now a days.

Any boot or only rubber boots?

If I’m not crossing water and walking a decent bit I wear hiking boots, keen. My blogs have been pretty good rubber boots, used to be lifetime warranty with free replacement, not as good now. I’m not sure how long the warranty is but last ones that wore out I was given about a $80-90? Gift card for their store, so the replacement set was only $60-70ish. Not bad, but I hate walking in rubbers unless it’s necessary and hiking boots are better than “hunting” boots that I’ve had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my third pair of Aeroheads. Worst boot made. Leaks and Squeaks so bad you cannot bowhunt in them.

I’ve just happened to have good luck with a pair of Aeroheads, so far holding up with 2018 and 2019 seasons on em. About half the time I’m in lace ups, Salomons Q4Ds but want to check out Keens for my next pair, I’ve heard the waterproofing is better.

Back