• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ideas to silence the Tethrd Skeletors.

MichiganOutdoors

These sticks are great! I’ve been curious how to go about dampening some sound out of them. With all the holes in the steel, I’m afraid putting stealth strip material, or even hockey tape on them, for I fear the tape would catch debris and come off. I’d love for some feedback from you fellas. Thanks!

These sticks are great! I’ve been curious how to go about dampening some sound out of them. With all the holes in the steel, I’m afraid putting stealth strip material, or even hockey tape on them, for I fear the tape would catch debris and come off. I’d love for some feedback from you fellas. Thanks!
Following!

Where the stealth strips overlap over the holes in the sticks, take an exact-o knife and heat it up with a blow torch. With the bade extremely hot, quickly (and carefully) put it through the stealth strip section that overlaps the hole and cut around the edges of the hole with the knife. This will quickly cut out the stealth strip material and at the same time singe the edges of the stealth strip material around the edges of the hole and essentially seal it off.

I’ve only seen this done in a video. Have not done it myself but it looks to work really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where the stealth strips overlap over the holes in the sticks, take an exact-o knife and heat it up with a blow torch. With the bade extremely hot, quickly (and carefully) put it through the stealth strip section that overlaps the hole and cut around the edges of the hole with the knife. This will quickly cut out the stealth strip material and at the same time singe the edges of the stealth strip material around the edges of the hole and essentially seal it off.

I’ve only seen this done in a video. Have not done it myself but it looks to work really well.

Never tried heating an Exacto when cutting Stealth strips. That's an excellent idea. I know just trying to cut without heating is a fruitless endeavor. Thanks for posting this tip. Will definitely be trying it out!

Never tried heating an Exacto when cutting Stealth strips. That's an excellent idea. I know just trying to cut without heating is a fruitless endeavor. Thanks for posting this tip. Will definitely be trying it out!

You’re welcome! Hope it works well. There’s also wood burning kits you can get that are electric powered and a lot of them come with exact-o blades you can put in them and heat the blades that way. Might also work just as well.

I put stealth on my beast sticks right over the holes. No problem.
I cut open the holes directly above the button to install my cam cleat otherwise I never gave it a thought.

I’m probably selling my beast sticks in favor of the Skeletors. Why have $400+ invested in sticks when I can still have quality sticks for $225

Pros and cons depending on your system. If you prioritize money first, then absolutely.

Skeletor's pack to 27" long for a four pack. In the "compact" stick era, that's on the longer side. Beast sticks stack in-line to the length of stick, so that's 20" for the minis. Albeit, Skeletor's have a much flatter stacking profile.

Beast minis are $94 right now, about $375 for 4, so your resale won't likely fetch your investment. Probably closer to $100 difference between what you got in minis and a new set of Skeletors.

Pros and cons depending on your system. If you prioritize money first, then absolutely.

Skeletor's pack to 27" long for a four pack. In the "compact" stick era, that's on the longer side. Beast sticks stack in-line to the length of stick, so that's 20" for the minis. Albeit, Skeletor's have a much flatter stacking profile.

Beast minis are $94 right now, about $375 for 4, so your resale won't likely fetch your investment. Probably closer to $100 difference between what you got in minis and a new set of Skeletors.
I have the OG 24” Beast sticks and the flatter profile works better for me than the overall length. I realize the Skeletors are shorter step to step, but I’m adding single step aiders to each which should get me higher than the Beast sticks did as well.

I have the OG 24” Beast sticks and the flatter profile works better for me than the overall length. I realize the Skeletors are shorter step to step, but I’m adding single step aiders to each which should get me higher than the Beast sticks did as well.

Indeed. Those would be heavier (with attachment) as well, per stick. But maybe you didn't need aiders with them which could make it a wash.

Obviously, only you can decide what's worth keeping or selling for you. I see pros and cons to many sticks on the market, including Beast and Skeletor.

Those look great and now I need a soldering iron! Man this forum is expensive lol
Literally paid $5.49 for mine. Bought it at Harbor Freight for this exact task knowing it would ruin it. Smelled horrible burning through the strips but it was worth it.

Back