• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

If you were going to order a ultimate one stick from EWO. You would order _ _ _

MattMan81

SH Member
So gonna order a one stick set up. Going to go all inn on this. What options would you pick and importantly why?

Personally I am running:

-15” feather stick (shorter than that and you may run into problems bumping your shin if you want to put a platform on)
-doublestep up top
-doublestep on bottom with 3 step aider (15” spacing)

I have a flat scout I am playing with but I think I’m sticking with two doublesteps on my stick with a separate cam over platform (mission and predator)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I am running:

-15” feather stick (shorter than that and you may run into problems bumping your shin if you want to put a platform on)
-doublestep up top
-doublestep on bottom with 3 step aider (15” spacing)

I have a flat scout I am playing with but I think I’m sticking with two doublesteps on my stick with a separate cam over platform (mission and predator)

Same choice I'd go with... I also currently climb with Wild Edge Steps (w k/s) and have gotten accustomed to only needing 3 and then adding a wild edge step to the left side of my platform for a little more mobility around the tree... My feet get sore on a medium sized platform. No way would I want to be in the tree for more than 2 hours on a scout.. I don't even think the UP would be comfortable for all day sits.

I went with a 15" ultralight stick with a cam cleat, doublestep on top, slotted doublestep on bottom and I sewed up my own 16" 3 step aider. I will be using this in conjunction with my predator platform. I personally wouldn't want a platform smaller than the predator so I don't think I would like any of the stick mounted options.

I went with the 12" UOS with flat scout and 2 step 20" spacing aider. I'm swapping the 2 step 20" for a 3 step 15". Other than that I'm more than happy with the stick.

15" spacing for my stick. Double step on bottom with sewn 3-step aider with 14" spacing, flat scout on top. At height, I use a Mission platform, and the stick/scout stays on the opposite side for a foot rest for moving around the tree. Just like TooheyBirdie, my feet would be killing me after a couple hours on just the scout.

I like my ewo 12” stick with 15” 3 step aider. 12” stick is about perfect for the with of my back pack so it’s stays out of the way and doesn’t catch. I like the flat monarch on top, no shin busting because no down angle on front. This is a killer combo.
315894d0b6ae910b60aaf49973f91a9c.jpg

f5fbebc31a9c286b9d95491a11556f6d.jpg

67700db38a3c699735d7eee2e12134d9.jpg

So I tried the UP platform. I could stand on it for a short while. But I think I would rather pack a platform. So the scout on top is a better option to help hold it to the tree versus no platform? Plus the extra footing when moving your line right?
My hawk sticks are 13" spacing. I leaning towards 14" for the aider. Don't wanna go to big for the colder weather and I have more clothes on.

For the stick size, any issue @Crcusmonky or who ever with the shorter stick? Find it less stable for kick out?

So the scout on top is a better option to help hold it to the tree versus no platform? Plus the extra footing when moving your line right?
My hawk sticks are 13" spacing. I leaning towards 14" for the aider. Don't wanna go to big for the colder weather and I have more clothes on.
Not sure I understand what you mean when you say the scout “helps hold it to the tree”. Some folks like the scout because during the first move they sit on the scout and hook their legs behind it while they hook up their tether -very secure, both hands free, no linesman belt needed. Definitely more foot room then a double step on the way up. I would recommend the ultimater so you can make step spacing longer for early season and shorter for late season. I have a 3 step 15” EWO sewn on the bottom step and I use all three steps on every move. I bought an extra step with the intent of having two different size aiders I could switch out, but after buying an ultimater, that’s where I would go if I could do it over. I have a 3 step ultimater on my lone Wolf hand climber right now and that thing is sweet. Good luck!

Last edited:
No issues with the shorter stick, the ewo standoffs can’t be beat. The bite good and no kickoff. Sometimes I will even one stick up with this and put a platform on the opposite side of tree and use the one stick as you would use a squirrel step to get around the tree. I may order the ewo step with the web aider because I think it’s the superior aider for stability, but the amsteel and the beast step just work, and it’s lighter and more compact. Hope this helps.

Not sure I understand what you mean when you say the scout “helps hold it to the tree”. Some folks like the scout because during the first move they sit on the scout and hook their legs behind it while they hook up their tether -very secure, both hands free, no linesman belt needed. Definitely more foot room then a double step on the way up. I would recommend the ultimater so you can make step spacing longer for early season and shorter for late season. I have a 3 step 15” EWO sewn on the bottom step and I use all three steps on every move. I bought an extra step with the intent of having two different size aiders I could switch out, but after buying an ultimater, that’s where I would go if I could do it over. I have a 3 step ultimater on my lone Wolf hand climber right now and that thing is sweet. Good luck!
Stags in the wild video showed the guy wedging the platform between his tether and the tree to hold it while he put the rope around on the move. So the extra stand off helped with that. That's what I was wondering. Might be hard to do that with no platform on top.

Yes!!!!!! Finally. I'm right!!! Today at 8:17am Eastern Time!!!!! ;):smiley: gotta savor this one. There hard to come by.....
*They’re* hard to come by.

well that didn’t last long for ya huh? Haha:grinning:

I’m not one to correct grammatical errors because my English is subpar but I couldn’t resist the irony in your post haha!

Okay. All in.
15" w/UP platform.
3 step aider at 15".
I spent the extra for the UP platform. Figure a quick morning or evening hunt it will do. If I plan on staying longer I can pack a platform to go with it or a ROS. My public around here isn't huge. So I'm not walking 3 miles into any place. Probably all still lighter than 3-4 helliums with a platform. Less to pack up for sure. Now I just gotta wait for it.........

Okay. All in.
15" w/UP platform.
3 step aider at 15".
I spent the extra for the UP platform. Figure a quick morning or evening hunt it will do. If I plan on staying longer I can pack a platform to go with it or a ROS. My public around here isn't huge. So I'm not walking 3 miles into any place. Probably all still lighter than 3-4 helliums with a platform. Less to pack up for sure. Now I just gotta wait for it.........

Sounds like a solid choice to me!

After reading all the post with 14 and 15 inch aider steps I hope I didn't screw up .i just ordered a 15" stick with u.p and 3 step at 19 inch. I am 6'4"

Back