• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ILF

Bigfoot522

Just curious how many here have ILF rigs or are interested in trying one in the future?

To me they are just a more tunable takedown.
What I like most and how I primarily use the limb bolts for is adjusting to where a given set of limbs feels best at full draw.
Yes, draw length adjustment is where I start then I find the ammo.

I don't want stack and we all can agree that limp limbs just don't Pentwater! Lol

About all I shoot anymore. Have about a dozen risers. I like to be able to fine tune the bow to the arrow setup since I have a long draw and don’t like cutting arrows.

Wow, I thought there would be more than us two.

Then again there is a case to be made for pretty woods.

There’s three of us! I’m back shooting ILF after a couple years of expensive custom wood 3-piece takedowns.

Pretty doesn’t equal shoot awesome! I have come to the point that if I can’t get a jager grip for it, I don’t want to shoot it.

Pretty doesn’t equal shoot awesome! I have come to the point that if I can’t get a jager grip for it, I don’t want to shoot it.
Like a woman...no matter how pretty she is, she’s gonna give ya trouble! I’m a big fan of Jager grips but there’s only a handful of custom bowyers that can recreate it.

All I shot since trad talk.com started when I met up with papa bull at his home and checked out his bows and learned how to make a mountain muffler bowstring. I have gone thru at least 50 sets of limbs and almost that much in risers but I have kept my DAS riser the longest I’m actually at Lancaster PA going to LAS shortly (wife gave me permission while she hangs at the hotel) to check out several ILF rigs. Looking at a riser or limbs and plenty of accessories I need. Wish me luck hope not to spend to much LOL

I love this place

Attachments

• 9FC9ECBB-EF2E-41C2-A70B-C10DDE1BFC67.jpeg
    9FC9ECBB-EF2E-41C2-A70B-C10DDE1BFC67.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 40
I wish I was that close!
I either have to spend serious money or pay the shipping.

Rarely a couple of us will pool up an order bid enkugh for free shipping.

Man walking in there ought to be like my first time going into Cabelas when they were still worth the drive.
Its just a crying shame anymore..

Well I go there every other year with my wife. Last minute vacation for a few days wanted to get wife out a little after being in hospital for couple weeks and she wanted to rest in hotel and told me get OUT for awhile. LOL

Every time I order I always get free shipping since I spend to much but to be honest they don’t always have a lot of trad stuff in show room to purchase right away but have to call if you know your going there so they can pull from their warehouse in leola pa. I think I’m gonna just order online from now on. A lot easier in the long run. More set up for compound guys but I still like the place

I've been shooting and hunting with ILF bows almost exclusively for the last 15 years. They are hard to beat for versatility and the degree to which they can be fine tuned.

I love this place
Was there around this time last summer. My sister in law used to work in Lancaster. She's near Chicago now.... I told her to get back to Lancaster... its safer and I can go to LAS and "browse" while my wife and her catch up.

Back