• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I'm just not sure...

will4554

Obviously, the dog is real lol. But this rub looks a bit suspect to me, I can't put my finger on it. Does anything about this not look legit? Am I just making up things in my head? lol

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 65
It looks like somebody cut limbs off the cedar to make it more appealing for a buck to rub. We've done this out here on our place. It works. As for the rub, it may or may not be real.

It looks like somebody cut limbs off the cedar to make it more appealing for a buck to rub. We've done this out here on our place. It works. As for the rub, it may or may not be real.
That makes a lot of sense, I didn't think about that. But the number of stands I found in the area would support that theory.

That makes a lot of sense, I didn't think about that. But the number of stands I found in the area would support that theory.

I’ve done it here in FL on a few small clusters of cedars to try to swing deer a little closer to a stand or camera spot.

Deer like them when they can reach the trunk so I figured I’d help them out.

It works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back