• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Imitation Scout by Hawk coming

Tapeworm

SH Member
So on Archerywire this morning it shows an imitation Scout by Hawk

Squared tubing like the Predator copy

ff343064f8d1123b511613f75a74c446.plist

ffeb643e390b3d21c9dd0451f074ccf5.plist

d1a840c08cf1030912546df36dcf428c.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet. MSRP is $49.99, so price is gonna be much less. Looks like it only fits Helium’s though which makes my Muddy Pro sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know...I would rather pay, Sophia at Areohunter, Matt at OOOL, tethered or even trophyline for the work that's been done. After hearing about Hawk copying the predator (have you seen their version--and hopefully the final product is better made), seeing brand new steps bend on the hawk sticks. Seeing the cups on the hawk sticks coming to customers broken and then the icing on the cake...the customer service being so horrible...I'll pay more to the ones above. I had concerns with my flex fraying when I first got it...contacted Sophia and she told me to take pictures of the issue. I did and she told me to send it back. She made me a new one without that material and I used it all last year. Great service!! I had a small hiccup with OOOL and contacted Matt...I had the bolts to make my shikars permanent within 4 days of requesting help. Tethered has been quick to help with advice and even told me to return the product if I did not feel comfortable. Trophyline gave me my discount after I bought and paid for the mission...days later. They didn't have to do that and I've had other companies state that I should have requested a discount when ordering. My fault, but I've never returned to those companies.

I have several hawk products--hawk deer cart, hawk bow hangers, and so far they've held up. However my contention is that I heard from people both here and on Archerytalk show pictures of equipment failure that would result in injury or even worse. Those same individuals would then talk about the runaround that they were getting with Hawk and some even reported how Hawk told them they were on their own. No Thanks!!

Seeing how they jumped on the bandwagon getting with saddle hunting...I'd be very concerned about going the cheap route...cause we know that they outsource their products from China and China has done enough to us.

Just my .02 worth. I'll send more money to the owners of those above for items that I'm depending my life on.

Last edited:
They had there chance. I know before saddle hunting was cool many of use reached out to hawk and asked them about building things which they were not interested in. Now saddle hunting is in fashion they want a piece of the pie.
Honestly it’s the reason I won’t buy any of their products

See you in a tree, Ricky

I’d much rather pay $20-$30 more to artisan or OOAL for a stick mounted platform. I’ve had both of those and quality is worth the money. Just pass on that 1 case of beer and you are good.

But I don’t and won’t own Hawk sticks. Buying just 1 stick I can afford next level quality. But to each their own and I will never bash anyone for what they choose. Beauty of America is to have a choice!

You know...I would rather pay, Sophia at Areohunter, Matt at OOOL, tethered or even trophyline for the work that's been done. After hearing about Hawk copying the predator (have you seen their version--and hopefully the final product is better made), seeing brand new steps bend on the hawk sticks. Seeing the cups on the hawk sticks coming to customers broken and then the icing on the cake...the customer service being so horrible...I'll pay more to the ones above. I had concerns with my flex fraying when I first got it...contacted Sophia and she told me to take pictures of the issue. I did and she told me to send it back. She made me a new one without that material and I used it all last year. Great service!! I had a small hiccup with OOOL and contacted Matt...I had the bolts to make my shikars permanent within 4 days of requesting help. Tethered has been quick to help with advice and even told me to return the product if I did not feel comfortable. Trophyline gave me my discount after I bought and paid for the mission...days later. They didn't have to do that and I've had other companies state that I should have requested a discount when ordering. My fault, but I've never returned to those companies.

I have several hawk products--hawk deer cart, hawk bow hangers, and so far they've held up. However my contention is that I heard from people both here and on Archerytalk show pictures of equipment failure that would result in injury or even worse. Those same individuals would then talk about the runaround that they were getting with Hawk and some even reported how Hawk told them they were on their own. No Thanks!!

Seeing how they jumped on the bandwagon getting with saddle hunting...I'd be very concerned about going the cheap route...cause we know that they outsource their products from China and China has done enough to us.

Just my .02 worth. I'll send more money to the owners of those above for items that I'm depending my life on.

Yeah to make a long story short. Last year I bought their updated sticks that came with broken parts. Took two phone calls to get replacement parts. Plus I overpaid by about $60 because I pre ordered through Hawk. I received them like two weeks after other vendors were selling them for $100. Didn't sit well with me.

Yeah to make a long story short. Last year I bought their updated sticks that came with broken parts. Took two phone calls to get replacement parts. Plus I overpaid by about $60 because I pre ordered through Hawk. I received them like two weeks after other vendors were selling them for $100. Didn't sit well with me.

yea, I would have returned those if they would not have refunded my CC the 60.00.

The dilemma comes when the above companies (aka not Hawk) rely on China production for items that our lives depend on (aka not accessories). One in particular is dipping their toe in it now. I think its a sign of things to come especially consumers keep consuming.

The dilemma comes when the above companies (aka not Hawk) rely on China production for items that our lives depend on (aka not accessories). One in particular is dipping their toe in it now. I think its a sign of things to come especially consumers keep consuming.

True, however I know that areo, oool are definitely made in the USA. My mission has "made in America" right on the platform. So that's why I have two areo flex (one for me and one for my son), two platforms (predator gen 2 and mission) and two Shikar sticks...(one mini and one 17") I guess I should have put Eastern Woods Outdoors as I think the Ultralight is made in america...but cannot be for certain. Plus I know he sells items made overseas...or at least I think he does.

If it’s anything like the Hawk Minis I just received,quality wise, they can keep it. Had to mod the suction cups right out of the box. And I’ve gotten no where with their customer
“service” My fault for buying cheap crap made overseas. They’re the only Hawk product I own and the last!

yea, I would have returned those if they would not have refunded my CC the 60.00.

Part of that was like $20 for shipping. But total was around $160. In hindsight I should have just cancelled my order and bought from somewhere else or returned them for a refund. I sold them recently and got the Novix mini sticks.

Back