• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Internal Frame Bag

FletchDeep

Well, I've finally got myself into gear and started stitching on my plans for a perfect pack for my needs. Where and how I hunt factored into my design theology so your mileage may vary. I am able to use bolts so I don't have to pack climbing sticks, the biggest thing that will get strapped to the outside will be my lil ambush stand. The stand or my platform will fit easily and quickly into the front grab-it sling. My filming gear should all easily fit inside the bag with room for a bulky jacket. I wanted some load handling without the bulkiness of the heavily padded waist belt and shoulder straps of a full frame pack. The back panel will consist of two carbon arrow stays and an hdpe sheet. The only padding on the bag will be on the lumbar pad and the portion of the shoulder straps attached to the frame. The shoulder straps themselves and the waist belt will only have 1/8" neoprene and the 3d spacer mesh, this should allow them to lay nice and flush up against the tree when hanging.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 99
  • back panel .jpg
    back panel .jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Front Pocket.jpg
    Front Pocket.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Shoulder Strap 1.jpg
    Shoulder Strap 1.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 93
  • Shoulder Strap 2.jpg
    Shoulder Strap 2.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Shoulder Strap 3.jpg
    Shoulder Strap 3.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Side Panel.jpg
    Side Panel.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 87
Making some good strides now, need to make belt, assemble the main body, and then make the top.
b4f7810ece1a804dd7c2657debe7f93f.jpg
a448805ae681b77904cd9f9ee4a5a298.jpg
43bb20438c4cd1f5a2926abee3d6c2c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks great. I thinks packs are one of the harder projects. Great job so far.

That looks great man. I really want to try a pack one day but have to improve my skills before i get in way over my head and destroy a bunch of material. Lol.

Waiting on some 1.5" webbing and hardware for my waist belt. Did get my lining done on the main panels and pocket. Lesson learned on a walking foot machine keep the non stretch fabric on top or the moving feet will stretch out the fleece and throw off the layup.
8880a3689ab6d8cd58714aa71dd34602.jpg
a7823fde34488ac26287d7e4a7b172b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back