• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Iowa Scouting Trip July/August 2022/Sept

Silvio

Ok guys...three yrs of Intel gathering from my Iowa scouting trips will hopefully pay-off this year. Placed my first Reveal-X camera out today...and is activated. Headed to my second hunting area tomorrow for placing cameras and doing some presets. The weather is awesome and looking forward to seeing if two of my bucks are still around from the last two years...

@Silvio, glad you’re “Back in the saddle again!” Any intel on the homestate 10(I believe) you were after????

@Silvio, glad you’re “Back in the saddle again!” Any intel on the homestate 10(I believe) you were after????
Yes, moved my set up 50 yrds from last season...surprisingly I jumped a big buck going in and again going back out a couple of hours later. I was interested in his bed so I thought I would scout that general area for his travel sign. I don't believe summer bed patterns help much for the hunting season but they can help you identify the travel area to his fall range...I have 4 bucks there this year to score on...hopefully Freight-train will make a mistake this year

f934df74-86c1-4f5d-bd0d-ea041624df80.jpg
I've been out scouting and presetting some new spots for early season. I've seen plenty of good bucks in all three spots in Iowa..just finished hanging the last camera today..now let's get some pictures

Screenshot_20220715-085047_Gallery.jpg
We saw a great number of high scoring bucks...the most I've ever seen before, so lm looking forward to coming back in late August....did see my target buck last nite the last few minutes of lite...alls I can say - the most colossal 4yr old buck I've even layer my eyes on...Screenshot_20220715-085047_Gallery.jpg

which zone are you in? I live in zone 8. Not as many deer in my area but the mature bucks can be giants
I'm in Zone #9...not many deer but great age structure where I'm at. Regional Biologist I spoke with a couple of years ago said yellow River Forest was an out standing area...

Back