• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is the narrower JX3 coming soon?

DMTJAGER

Was wondering if anyone knows if a version of the JX3 with a narrower seat is going to become a reality soon or not.

I emailed owner with that question a week ago and he mentioned that there was some issues with a vendor and that it was gonna set things back on plans for the narrower version. At this time he didn’t have any time table as to when it would become available. BUMBER!!!!!

Attached email response to my question

Attachments

• 13C7CFEE-27BB-4CD0-A367-24C165BD1E51.jpeg
    13C7CFEE-27BB-4CD0-A367-24C165BD1E51.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 61
I had the same response a few weeks ago about the vender in Alabama so I would say that is true, so I went ahead and ordered. Loving is so far.

I thought you were a big dude?
I am, actually have a 54" chest measured under my arm pits but only 42" around my hips but I am currently on stand by waiting to order a TX5 and are considering all saddle options
The JX3 just strikes me as have the potential to snag on brush as you travel where as a typical saddle doesn't and if a model with a narrower prophile narrow enough to minimalize brush contact issue if it still would fit larger framed hunters I would have to be considered if I were seriously considering the JX3 which I am not as I can not afford one of each and feel a standard saddle is my best choice but I am still researching and keeping an open mind

I am, actually have a 54" chest measured under my arm pits but only 42" around my hips but I am currently on stand by waiting to order a TX5 and are considering all saddle options
The JX3 just strikes me as have the potential to snag on brush as you travel where as a typical saddle doesn't and if a model with a narrower prophile narrow enough to minimalize brush contact issue if it still would fit larger framed hunters I would have to be considered if I were seriously considering the JX3 which I am not as I can not afford one of each and feel a standard saddle is my best choice but I am still researching and keeping an open mind

if you have a 54” chest you’ll want the normal size. Yes the seat would match your butt better on a narrower one. But the starting point for the side of the harness would be pulled in an inch on each side. I have a 44” chest, and with full winter clothes the skinny one is barely big enough to let me do what I want. You would be supremely uncomfortable with the side straps digging into your sides. In fact, I’d get the new style with the “wings” given the measurements.

the skinny solves a problem 90% of people don’t have. Of the other 10%, only half probably care. We should’ve never mentioned it.

if you have a 54” chest you’ll want the normal size. Yes the seat would match your butt better on a narrower one. But the starting point for the side of the harness would be pulled in an inch on each side. I have a 44” chest, and with full winter clothes the skinny one is barely big enough to let me do what I want. You would be supremely uncomfortable with the side straps digging into your sides. In fact, I’d get the new style with the “wings” given the measurements.

the skinny solves a problem 90% of people don’t have. Of the other 10%, only half probably care. We should’ve never mentioned it.
Agreed, unless you’re really slim it’s a non issue ,The whole brush busting thing. It’s definitely not anywhere near the sound, size profile of an aluminum climber. I have a 40-42 waist & around same size chest. If the seat was narrower, you wouldn’t necessarily get hip pinch but you’ll be packed in & mobility is key. All that said the TX5 is one of the most comfortable I own!

Well I’m not a real little guy up here in Maine we tend to use smaller shorter equipment. There are more short barreled 30-06’ carbines, small little tight tree stands then in a lot of other places so typically the smaller the better. I currently hunt out of gorilla hang-on stands and a summit viper climbing stand. However it’s a viper light which is about 25% less the size of the standard viper. I’m 5’9” about 210lbs with athletic build but could lose a few pounds. This is why smaller would be better for me and cuz of the way I hunt which is extremely mobile and rarely same place often. Especially in our long gun season!!! I see the JX3 as the ultimate gun saddle I really do but I currently carry a climber that is already wider then my shoulders but more the problem is 2ft off my back. I can slide through trees and work with the width but 2ft off my back doesn’t allow sliding quietly between trees and brush. JX3 is less then half the width even if I use sticks to climb (15ft hunting height would work most times for me 4-20in LW double steps) so this seems like a great option. However I’m also looking at the Cruzr XC and the Latitude Method. Both would be the cats a@& for getting to and from my hunting areas slick and quiet but all day sits maybe tougher then the JX3. I do a lot of walking and see places after hiking in a couple miles that if I had a quick easy way to hop into a tree a last couple of hour sit a traditional saddle would be optimal. Really looking over all my options before I jump!!!! The guys in here have been great giving advise though!!!!!

Agreed, unless you’re really slim it’s a non issue ,The whole brush busting thing. It’s definitely not anywhere near the sound, size profile of an aluminum climber. I have a 40-42 waist & around same size chest. If the seat was narrower, you wouldn’t necessarily get hip pinch but you’ll be packed in & mobility is key. All that said the TX5 is one of the most comfortable I own!
People need to keep this in mind. Even if you’re trailblazing and it’s hitting limbs, it’s very quiet with the wrap it has on it.

People need to keep this in mind. Even if you’re trailblazing and it’s hitting limbs, it’s very quiet with the wrap it has on it.

the only exposed metal is the fork and plate. It’s directly behind your shoulders and should never contact brush. And if you were worried you could vet tape it.

it’s dead silent. I think people assume because of hang ons and climbers and the seatbeing metal that it will somehow be awkward in thick stuff. it’s the opposite of that.

85-90% of people who buy a hybrid are wider than 20” across their hips. I personally have nothing hanging Outside of the profile of the hybrid, and it’s dead silent and doesn’t catch on things. Skinny or regular it’s the same. And I’m narrah! I actually think the proper term now is skinny fat.

I have no doubt that it’s quiet and can already look at it and see it would work for me. I like the fact it’s really the coolest designed option out there!!!! It truly intrigues me and the fact that I don’t need to buy a separate platform to stand on as a break for my knees is a benefit. The fact that it is my back pack that I’d be carrying my extra cloths and strapping my sticks to is also something I’ve weighed. For me it’s more about the little details and what would be best for the whole season. Could I make the advantages of all the options work better then the cons of those options. I do see advantages of each that are specific to traditional saddles as compared to the hybrid and vise versa. I find myself watching a pile of videos/reviews and changing my mind almost daily. Truthfully I think it may come down to ordering my choice of a traditional saddle and a hybrid climbing a tree in the back yard and testing out which one feels like it would be able to be worked best into my hunting style. This website has already answered a bunch of my concerns with specific questions. Watching a lot of YouTube videos has also help a bunch!!! Just a lot of info to process and considerations to take into account.

I have no doubt that it’s quiet and can already look at it and see it would work for me. I like the fact it’s really the coolest designed option out there!!!! It truly intrigues me and the fact that I don’t need to buy a separate platform to stand on as a break for my knees is a benefit. The fact that it is my back pack that I’d be carrying my extra cloths and strapping my sticks to is also something I’ve weighed. For me it’s more about the little details and what would be best for the whole season. Could I make the advantages of all the options work better then the cons of those options. I do see advantages of each that are specific to traditional saddles as compared to the hybrid and vise versa. I find myself watching a pile of videos/reviews and changing my mind almost daily. Truthfully I think it may come down to ordering my choice of a traditional saddle and a hybrid climbing a tree in the back yard and testing out which one feels like it would be able to be worked best into my hunting style. This website has already answered a bunch of my concerns with specific questions. Watching a lot of YouTube videos has also help a bunch!!! Just a lot of info to process and considerations to take into account.
I bought it expecting no more than 25% of my hunts id use it. When it showed up at my house i expected no more than 50% of my hunts I’d use it. I used it half/half the first season I had it, about 90/10 last season, and I’ve used my soft saddle once so far this year. I expect that trend to continue - something like 90%+ hybrid, 10% anything else.

Thanks for all the input.
AS one can imagine it is very difficult to come to accurate and truthful conclusions based on ZERO hands on experience and pictures only. That is the quandary of buying either saddles or a JX3 most of us will have to buy with no benefit of previous usage. And when it comes right down to it i can ask and receive all the advise and input from those who are absolute saddle experts but in the end only the individual will decide if a saddle will work for them by actually using it which unfortunately requires one purchase not only a saddle but a tether, platform of some kind and lineman's along with it it.

Back