• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is this rope okay?

Jlong4140

I'm looking to get into DbRT, and eventually SRT with saddle hunting. I just ordered the Mantis saddle, and I'm trying to get all the gear together I will need. Does this rope look okay for a climbing line? I will also probably make it into a tether and lineman's belt, and make a short bridge with it.

Peak Grit Static Rock Climbing Rope - 10.7mm UIAA Certified 30m (98.4 ft) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNDVXJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FjRqDbKSKPXC4

Thanks for any information!

Yes that'll do fine if you don't mind the color. As with all ropes, avoid stepping on them or needlessly dragging them through mud, keep them out of sap if possible, dry before storing, wash gently with a mild soap and water, and inspect them often for abrasions in the jacket and feel for internal damage.

I'm looking to get into DbRT, and eventually SRT with saddle hunting. I just ordered the Mantis saddle, and I'm trying to get all the gear together I will need. Does this rope look okay for a climbing line? I will also probably make it into a tether and lineman's belt, and make a short bridge with it.

Peak Grit Static Rock Climbing Rope - 10.7mm UIAA Certified 30m (98.4 ft) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNDVXJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FjRqDbKSKPXC4

Thanks for any information!
Listed as a dynamic line? My understanding that dynamic is going to make you work harder. Also, for DRT I'd be a little concerned about the abrasion resistance this would have. Its advertised as a jack of all trades. I'd go with something static and for tree use specifically.

Not a deer biologist by any means, I just heard from one on a podcast that said blue is basically like blaze orange to deer sight. I have no clue if it's true or not but something to think about.

I've read alot of positive reviews on the Samson Predator rope. The Sterling OpLux has also been a pretty popular rope for what you are intending to use it for. The OpLux is much more packable.

Good luck! Be safe and have fun

Haha, I just realized the original post was from August. I'm sure you found what you are looking for!

Not a deer biologist by any means, I just heard from one on a podcast that said blue is basically like blaze orange to deer sight. I have no clue if it's true or not but something to think about.

I've read alot of positive reviews on the Samson Predator rope. The Sterling OpLux has also been a pretty popular rope for what you are intending to use it for. The OpLux is much more packable.

Good luck! Be safe and have fun

Oplux work well for DRT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not an expert BUT IMHO you should probably use only climbing rated equipment. Wesspur is a reputable company and offers packages for both styles of climbing that have been demoed by NY Saddle Hunter. I have made purchases from them and their customer service is great! They also give vet’s a 10% discount. Good equipment gives you peace of mind and you can not put a price tag on peace of mind!

Back