• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Issues logging on

Dewey

Been getting this message today when trying to log in on my Mac. Never seen this before and wondering if anybody else has ever had this problem?

I can work around it and get on the site but concerned why it suddenly appeared.

My samsung phone did the same thing. I just closed the page and restarted the phone then it was good after that.

Been getting this message today when trying to log in on my Mac. Never seen this before and wondering if anybody else has ever had this problem?

I can work around it and get on the site but concerned why it suddenly appeared.
YES! It happened to me a few weeks ago and today. Close down and restart Safari and try again. I did not open it "anyway". Better safe than stupid I always say. It worked as expected after I restarted the browser.

I tried again without doing anything and didn’t see the message. All is good now. Kinda weird. :rolleyes:

It has been happening off and on and usually resolves itself fairly quickly. It's something related to the hosting service. If I ever get some free time I'm moving and upgrading to a different hosting service. I just need to make sure I have the time to deal with all the problems that I'm sure will follow....

It most likely has to do with certificates being expired / invalid (possible MITM attack). Possible concern if one is sending credit card info or is using same id/pw on sh as other places.

Highest probability is hosting service has not updated certificate info.

It most likely has to do with certificates being expired / invalid (possible MITM attack). Possible concern if one is sending credit card info or is using same id/pw on sh as other places.

Highest probability is hosting service has not updated certificate info.

You are 98% probably correct about certs being expired.

You are 10% probably correct about Man In The Middle attack. Saddlehunter is not a HVT. Besides the store (Paypal) not much finance-related happens here, unless individual users are super super dumb.

This MITM stuff is good reason to NEVER use the same id/pw on multiple sites. The risk is low, you're 100% correct on this.

@Dewey next time please click on "Details" when you screenshot these kind of errors. The way companies wrap up technical problems inside fluffy "this website may be blah blah blah" is kind of useless for getting to the bottom of things.

Mine was an " ooppsss " message. It let me log on and go to the store and podcast pages but not forums or home.
Then while trying different ways in, I stumbled on to another site.
That took me to a thread about some tiff between this and that site. I started wondering if the forums hadn't been shut down
Glad I got on today

Mine was an " ooppsss " message. It let me log on and go to the store and podcast pages but not forums or home.
That took me to a thread about some tiff between this and that site. I started wondering if the forums hadn't been shut down
Glad I got on today

Glad I got on today

Thank you guys! Back online, I was unable to work this morning, wondering when and how the site was coming back! Back to Normal now:)

I have been having the "oops" message for a few days now. Just got back on. Frustrating.

Finally no oopps messages..I didn't think that last post went through because I had gotten that message and it never showed it posted.. Thanks guys for getting it fixed.

Back