• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

It's time to pick milkweed

Hebeskibe

In my travels I've seen patches of milkweed here and there one is alongside the interstate highway I've been waiting for it to mature the state department of highways started mowing the area they forced me to see if it has matured enough to pick before it gets mowed I got about 40 large pods.

Some were mature and there were just as many that had some growing to do left them alone

May I ask why milkweed is desirable???
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used for wind direction observation there's some information on this site just search milkweed all you need to know

The pods in Southern TN were not ready. I picked a few last week just to see what would happen if picked this early. The whispy parts even when dried are all stuck together. End of Aug and Sept is the best down here.
I picked them because they are going to get bush hogged they are mature I'll let them dry and see if they are good

I have mine all picked out but as I saluted them on my way to work today I noted that they are still bright green so I’m giving them more time.

I’m in NH and expect another two weeks before they are perfect.

I’m undecided on my transport approach if we want to have that brainstorm again :D

I’m leaning towards doing just the rubber bands, or making a duct tape pouch.

Hey patriot, where in NH? Been looking everywhere, and haven't found any.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Hey patriot, where in NH? Been looking everywhere, and haven't found any.

Just saw this sorry I didn’t reply earlier. I’m out near Derry. If you are local Go to the white school on Hampstead road in Derry. Cavalry Baptist church. The east end of the parking lot has nice pods right next to the parking lot

Oh I ended finding like 40 plants in my parents neighbor's yard and picked a ton lol but thanks

Back