• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Joanne's gutterman thread?

Buckkillr

I cannot find tera 40 or any tera for that matter locally, when I googled it Joann's puts this up, is it the same as tera?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200213-181846.png
    Screenshot_20200213-181846.png
    328 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20200213-181829.png
    Screenshot_20200213-181829.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20200213-181822.png
    Screenshot_20200213-181822.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 65
No but it will work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I figured or else it would have said tera. I can buy off line of course but everyone I've checked wants $8-10 + just for shipping alone on a spool of thread, sheeesh!

I figured or else it would have said tera. I can buy off line of course but everyone I've checked wants $8-10 + just for shipping alone on a spool of thread, sheeesh!
Just bite the bullet and spend the money. I order from rockywoods. Helps to order more stuff to help justify the shipping cost. At the end of the day, the thread is the cheapest and also one of the most critical components in a build. And $8 spool will last for many many many projects. I have used generic thread and also tera. The tera sure sews nice for me.

Just bite the bullet and spend the money. I order from rockywoods. Helps to order more stuff to help justify the shipping cost. At the end of the day, the thread is the cheapest and also one of the most critical components in a build. And $8 spool will last for many many many projects. I have used generic thread and also tera. The tera sure sews nice for me.

It's on order $18.35 for a spool of thread shipped ☹️

It is Tera 40 as stated by a Gutterman rep.

I stand corrected.

What size needles are people using? I used a size 18 with the Tera 40 and it worked OK although my Singer 15-91 had a hard time sewing through 4 layers of webbing. I switched to a size 16 needle and it was much better.

Dang ...I should have kept scanning the searches, might have found that

What size needles are people using? I used a size 18 with the Tera 40 and it worked OK although my Singer 15-91 had a hard time sewing through 4 layers of webbing. I switched to a size 16 needle and it was much better.
Mine didn't like the 18 either

Back