• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

John Eberhart's Ring of Steps?

tibolli

John Eberhart uses a set of what appears to be a homemade ring of steps. Here is the link to the Youtube video I saw them in. Does anyone know anything about them? Are there any close up photos of how they are designed, how they work, etc..?
Steps.JPG

Those are climbpaws. They are out of business. There are a bunch of links on the web for DIY climbpaws if you google search
avuju8a6.jpg

Climb paws actually make a pretty good platform. I think the only reason they haven’t become more popular is the fact are a bit bulky to pack. Other than that they are quiet, more comfortable than any other “ring of steps), blend in well with the tree and stick out away from the tree for an easy walk around. I’ve used them on a few occasions and really have nothing bad to say about them. They would be really good for preset platforms and bit too hard to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think JE presets a lot of his trees, so carrying a ring of climb paws in on their own wouldn’t be a burden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a note I just received from John Eberhart. I sent him an email a few days ago and he just replied.
"The strap on ring of steps in that video were made by climb paws and I would never use them for hunting because they are too cumbersome to tote around. They sent me 12 steps to see what I thought and I only used them in the video because they were in my van when we did the video."

Here is a note I just received from John Eberhart. I sent him an email a few days ago and he just replied.
"The strap on ring of steps in that video were made by climb paws and I would never use them for hunting because they are too cumbersome to tote around. They sent me 12 steps to see what I thought and I only used them in the video because they were in my van when we did the video."
Yeah, I kind of thought John was a Cranford folding step kind of guy. He abhors bulk.

Not completely off topic but has anyone heard anything about Cranford strap on steps. @John Eberhart mentioned that they were working on releasing new strap on step.

Not completely off topic but has anyone heard anything about Cranford strap on steps. @John Eberhart mentioned that they were working on releasing new strap on step.
In the email John sent me he stated, "Cranford will be coming out with a metal ring of steps and they will be the best as they sent me a prototype set and they are awesome and solid as a rock. "

Back