• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just doing some thinkin here...

Mddave

so I seen the other day where (I cant remember who) a guy was backing his leveling screw completely out of his predator so it basically did a 45 degree downward angle when it was cam'd over. I tried it and it was very comfortable when I was leaning. my problem was I also like to stand on the platform from time to time or even when putting on my hys strap. with the platform being at a 45 degree it made that very difficult. my question is does someone make a platform that the end is at a 45 for when your leaning but it still has a 90degree to the tree flat part for standing? the 45 degree part would hafta be very long in my opinion for it to be comfortable I wouldn't think. if no one makes this do you think it would/could be a useful platform?

I’ve seen guys put both an angled and straight scout on modified sticks but haven’t seen a stand-alone platform with both.

I’ve also wondered if having both would start to making the top step tougher to get to since you’d have to climb around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packability would suffer a little for those that carry their stand inside a pack but I could see it strapped to the outside without an issue. Interesting idea!

Packability would suffer a little for those that carry their stand inside a pack but I could see it strapped to the outside without an issue. Interesting idea!

Agreed, it looks awkward but Im using a cut down HH with Artisan platform on the end and it straps perfectly under my Tool Belt - I just position it with the bottom of the stand next to my hip and it doesn’t snag much

8ce42431129f4484432e862b0a7e4bb7.jpg

9b0a3c2905db04ee8cce5e80822052f4.jpg

I would think someone could have studs on the sides or drill holes to run a cable the platform. You can connect the cable to studs on the post when you want 90*. Take em off for 45*.

You'd have to run two straps to stabilize the platform that way as you'd lose the bite from the platform like on the predator

What I have seen guys do is the artisian platform on top along with the angled scout!! That would make exactly what you are looking for!!

Are you talking about something like this? I saw this on a thread somewhere here, and saved the picture. I unfortunately don't know who made it, but it was an interesting idea.
ff20e897d2e39aecce491f218a7db2c0.jpg
2f719a3cf0adf40763ead018d0cefdea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Are you talking about something like this? I saw this on a thread somewhere here, and saved the picture. I unfortunately don't know who made it, but it was an interesting idea.
ff20e897d2e39aecce491f218a7db2c0.jpg
2f719a3cf0adf40763ead018d0cefdea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I think this proves that there is nothing that hasnt already been thought up, or discussed on this forum.
Wealth of ideas and info here.

Haha, I didn't reeleyeze that peeple from Floorada evun new how to spell dikshunary, let alone own akshually own a dikshunary.
I thought you used that book as a shim to level your mobil homes.

LOL, Just trying to follow your lead on arguing :kissingheart:

Haha, I didn't reeleyeze that peeple from Floorada evun new how to spell dikshunary, let alone own akshually own a dikshunary.

Don't go using those bad words on this site. I can't read them.
Edit: Well, couldn't read them before your edit. :D

my Obama phone to do all my thinkin and spell....

Dictionary too expensive to use 4 leveling my trailer...I canoe out to the reef and bust off coral...grind 2 powder+add manatee fat...that free...diy cinder block

I wonder. Has anyone tried a pivoting platform?

my Obama phone to do all my thinkin and spell....

Dictionary too expensive to use 4 leveling my trailer...I canoe out to the reef and bust off coral...grind 2 powder+add manatee fat...that free...diy cinder block
Man, we are wrecking this guy's thread.
Back to the topic........

so I seen the other day where (I cant remember who) a guy was backing his leveling screw completely out of his predator so it basically did a 45 degree downward angle when it was cam'd over. I tried it and it was very comfortable when I was leaning. my problem was I also like to stand on the platform from time to time or even when putting on my hys strap. with the platform being at a 45 degree it made that very difficult. my question is does someone make a platform that the end is at a 45 for when your leaning but it still has a 90degree to the tree flat part for standing? the 45 degree part would hafta be very long in my opinion for it to be comfortable I wouldn't think. if no one makes this do you think it would/could be a useful platform?

:) it's me...the spoiler

If someone wanted to....take a piece of plywood at the dimensions of the standing area u like and go to a tree. Put ur saddle on and get ur tether set to the height u are most comfortable and then start putting that wood at different angles wedged into the ground and the other side propped up on the trunk... U will find that it is easy to stand vertical on surprising high angle standing surface. I don't sell platform (so please don't pm and ask) but I did some trading with @Red Beard and he is an owner of 1 so maybe he will chime in and give his opinion so u don't have to just listen to my opinion.......I am for the argument that a 90 degree standing surface is NOT needed at all....

:) it's me...the spoiler

If someone wanted to....take a piece of plywood at the dimensions of the standing area u like and go to a tree. Put ur saddle on and get ur tether set to the height u are most comfortable and then start putting that wood at different angles wedged into the ground and the other side propped up on the trunk... U will find that it is easy to stand vertical on surprising high angle standing surface. I don't sell platform (so please don't pm and ask) but I did some trading with @Red Beard and he is an owner of 1 so maybe he will chime in and give his opinion so u don't have to just listen to my opinion.......I am for the argument that a 90 degree standing surface is NOT needed at all....
I need it.

Back