• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just droppin in

How's it going? Still heading to Iowa this year?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

How's it going? Still heading to Iowa this year?

I haven't made my mind up yet honestly. With covid still around I feel like it will be crowded. Doesn't seem like ehd was overly bad there last year which also plays a role in my decision. I'm up in the air though because if I don't go this year it will be put on the back burner as I go back to Canada next year then new foundland in 2023

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I was wondering the other day were you've been lately. How have things been in your corner of VA?
Makin do bud. Busy as can be. Just finished up buying a tractor trailer load of stockers to summer amd finally finished calving out my cows. About time to.hit the hay fields. Corn is in the ground now too. So here is to hoping the good lord gives us a good year.

How are you

I haven't made my mind up yet honestly. With covid still around I feel like it will be crowded. Doesn't seem like ehd was overly bad there last year which also plays a role in my decision. I'm up in the air though because if I don't go this year it will be put on the back burner as I go back to Canada next year then new foundland in 2023

I'm still trying to decide if I want to burn my 3 points, maybe north east corner? Good thing is that the non residents are capped so doesn't matter if there's more people trying to hunt it as long as you draw

I'm still trying to decide if I want to burn my 3 points, maybe north east corner? Good thing is that the non residents are capped so doesn't matter if there's more people trying to hunt it as long as you draw

Thats a good point. You'd hunt unit 9?

Thats a good point. You'd hunt unit 9?

Yeah, I've heard it's got good public and less non resident tags per sq mile than 5. Just more hill country and not as much ag as 5.

The one resident I know says both are good, but 5 is better. So may wait another year since it's $900 total for tags and preference points, might as well go big?

Yeah, I've heard it's got good public and less non resident tags per sq mile than 5. Just more hill country and not as much ag as 5.

The one resident I know says both are good, but 5 is better. So may wait another year since it's $900 total for tags and preference points, might as well go big?

Yep

If you've waited 3 years I'd wait till you know you'll draw and spring turkey hunt it and scout hard

Back