• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just received cruzr xc

Wigion

Hello just got my cruzr xc tonight walked around the house waiting on some ropes for DRT to get in a tree. Was going to get the Phantom had it in the shopping cart but ended up with the xc. I am looking to get sticks that work for the trees with no limbs don't need to be ultra light just need to pack neatly and let me get in a tree safe any recommendations? Hawk heliums I was looking at today any information would be great.

I run 4 hawk minis with cable aiders. They do the job. If you get some make sure you read up on how to modify the suction cups or they will break and you don’t want to have to deal with hawks customer service. Get rid of the buckles either use just the strap or get some daisy chains.

I saw the hawk 30' on sale today and will look into modifying them now thank you don't want to break the bank just need to get in the tree

The Cruzr XC is a great saddle and I hope you find it as comfortable as I do. I am an ultralight guy so I run a Solo Scout platform with an amsteel aider but I am looking at acquiring some climbing sticks to spice it up. Good luck and welcome from Texas.

The Cruzr XC is a great saddle and I hope you find it as comfortable as I do. I am an ultralight guy so I run a Solo Scout platform with an amsteel aider but I am looking at acquiring some climbing sticks to spice it up. Good luck and welcome from Texas.
Will have to look at the solo scout have not seen it thank you

Got the cruzer xc, mini beast and DRT setup just need something to stand on at hunting height. Torn between going with a platform or ROS. I will for sure be getting into some larger trees at times any info would be great. Thank you.

I saw the hawk 30' on sale today and will look into modifying them now thank you don't want to break the bank just need to get in the tree

Welcome aboard. That's the same saddle I have.

Unless you don't walk far or through anything rough, I wouldn't suggest full length Hawk Helium steps. They just start to see huge and heavy after a while and grab everything. Aiders mean you can get higher with 4 20" ones than you can with 3 or 4 full lengths (not using aider). I used short Hawk Heliums with a CAYG (carry as you go aider) for 2 seasons and it works well.

If you have a drill press and a circular saw, then it's easy to turn full length Hawks into whatever length you desire.

Last edited:
Back