• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 bow hanger

Vtbow

So I've got a JX3 and ordered some of the "d" molle clips similar to the ones the usually come with to hang your bow from. The problem I've having is the ones I got seem to have very little hold strength and bend past open too easily. What is everyone using? is there a specific brand of these that is better--its impossible to tell when purchasing online. Any other thoughts other than a standard screw in hanger(which I'll probably have as well). Thanks!

The Boosteady D-clips I got off amazon worked for me. I tested them on my JX3 and never had a problem. Turns out I still prefer a gear strap and hero clip so that is what I am using this season.

Last year I used a regular gear hanger, as the bow hung down quite far, and I was usually in a branch filled tree. But if it was in a open tree, it still made me nervous with a broadhead hanging down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Im with Aaronpaul,( Mine is homemade) Amsteel daisy chain gear hanger with a Heroclip and other hangers.

Two Big Whitetail Dreams Gear hooks (rubberized) ziptied in to the strapping system in lieu of D clips. D clips malfunctioned last year and bow fell 20 feet down. Thankfully there was a branchy tree to cushion the fall.

For whatever reason I like a bow hanging where it’s not pushing up against the tree, and don’t like hanging it from the JX3. I got a rubberized garage hook from Lowe’s, drilled and deburred two holes in it, run paracord through, tighten with a nite eyez camjam. Just grab the bow grip, slide a few inches and you’re off.

I have used this hanger system very successfully.
The hooks are rubber coated for silence and are rigid (steel).
Rigid hooks are important as it makes removing your bow very quiet and easy, you are not fighting the hook
to remove your bow.
I use 2 of the hooks, one for my bow and one for my gear sling.
It rolls up surprisingly small with very little weight.
www.bigwhitetaildreams.com
YMMV

Thanks everyone. It seems like I'm gong ot stick with a tree mount hanger instead of fooling around with one monted on the JX3 itstelf. Appreciate all the feedback.

The D clips are junk in my opinion. I hang my bow on the tree. I put a truck harness tool holder on each side of the JX to hang my daisy chained ropes. Go the Knot & Rope Supply if u want to see the tool holder

Have you ever seen a hawk bow hanger?
Its by far my favorite. It can move half way around the tree because of its adjustments.
It has great threads that screw in quickly and then it has a double dog ear metal tab that swivels down and locks the hanger in , it can slide out double its length , the whole hanger turns left and right as well as the end that your bow sits on so you can screw it in at 12 o'clock and have your bow handy close to the tree at 9 or 3 o'clock on a decent sized tree. Done huntin ; It slides into itself , the dog ear tag covers the threads , and the hanger swivels over the slid in shaft so it fits in the bottom of a dump pouch.20211002_114442-1.jpg20211002_114450-1.jpg20211002_114418-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'll second the Hawk Bow Hanger. I've been using it for 2 years now and love that as I pivot around the tree during my hunt I can pivot my bow too and have it close for little movement to pick it up.

Back