• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Jx3 hybrid availability

Huntaholic

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I was just wondering if anybody knows When the jx3 hybrid will be available again, and I’m just wondering if anybody has experience with bow hunting out of it, do you feel restricted or is it just like any other saddle, And do you use a saddle hunting platform with it. Thanks!

Short version, you absolutely can bow hunt with it. Platform isn’t really an advantage (unless it’s your climbing method). Email Jx3 & ask John about how far out they are in production, he’ll get back to you. And it does not feel like traditional saddle, way more back support, different vibe ( but I love it!)

I'm not sure what the lead time currently is, but mine was 4 weeks around September. Your best bet is to fill out the order form on the website and you can also email orders@jx3outdoors.com

If you're even thinking about this, I highly suggest pulling the trigger and getting on the list /pre-order. Read up on @kyler1945 posts, if you haven't already. He's got some great videos too that sold me on it.

Shooting out of it takes some practice, but you get more comfortable with each trip up the tree. Eventually you get too comfortable and take a nap. You can loosen it up on and take off the shoulder straps so it's not very restrictive.

I couldn't see a reason for a platform with the JX3. It has the sliding standoff and you can use your top step if using climbing sticks. I did it this way for the first month. I've since got a ROS and it's even better.

GET ON THE LIST. I've seen only a handful on the classifieds and they sold almost immediately for the same price John sells them for or more. 375 is a great price considering it comes with the linesman, tether, and all carabiners.

I as well love mine. You can see what it's like bowhunting out of it if you check out diy sportsman video on it. He has a in depth review on the JX3. If you email Mr John on his website, he'll get back to you.

Thanks guys, i have a Tethered mantis but it’s not as comfortable as i was hoping, (a lot of Hip pinch) so I was hoping the jx3 Hybrid would fix this.

Love mine. Top stick for feet is comfortable. Using a couple steps on each side makes it even more comfy.

JX3 is very comfortable. I have a mantis as well and the the comfort level is night and day different from each other. I shoot a long bow and it is easier to shoot from the mantis. I have to lean out more with the JX3 to clear the bridge and side straps with my 64 inch longbow. A compound would be no issue from the JX3. They both have their place but for longer hunts you can’t beat the JX3!

I used the JX3 this year and ABSOLUTELY love it.....a former Summit Climber for 20 years...JX3 gets better and better the more you use it...at first I used a platform with it but a ROS steps is ALL you'll really need with JX3... super comfortable..and a short nap as well ....harvested a nice doe with my crossbow...JX3 was like a benchrest...Highly recommend it!!!
Turk

Back