• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 Hybrid Video

bowhunter15

Vendor Rep
I helped John put together an instructional video for the Hybrid, to help answer a lot of questions that he gets and be a point of reference for those who are interest in or brand new to his system. Everything is pretty stock in this video. I will have other videos throughout the summer throwing some of my own spin and input into the Hybrid, and how and where I think it best fits in the arsenal:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's the way you use the JX3 Hybrid! Bowhunter15, great demonstration video. Easy, simple, safe and comfortable, that's why I love my HYBRID!!

So you don’t feel the need at all for a platform, ring of steps etc? Any downside compared to a conventional saddle in your opinion?

So you don’t feel the need at all for a platform, ring of steps etc? Any downside compared to a conventional saddle in your opinion?
There are some trees I can't get into with the Hybrid that I can with other saddles and platforms, like extreme leaners. If you have a slight leaner sometimes it helps to have one extra step to leverage against and hold your position. But for straight trees one big climbing stick seems sufficient.

I helped John put together an instructional video for the Hybrid, to help answer a lot of questions that he gets and be a point of reference for those who are interest in or brand new to his system. Everything is pretty stock in this video. I will have other videos throughout the summer throwing some of my own spin and input into the Hybrid, and how and where I think it best fits in the arsenal:

Great video. Thank you for doing that. My JX3 is en route and I'm really getting excited to give this thing a whirl. Looks super comfortable and versatile.

Can I ask about those sticks you are using in the video? I don't recognize them and I'm curious what they are. They look plastic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great video. Thank you for doing that. My JX3 is en route and I'm really getting excited to give this thing a whirl. Looks super comfortable and versatile.

Can I ask about those sticks you are using in the video? I don't recognize them and I'm curious what they are. They look plastic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They are the Stacked Outdoors sticks. Injection molded.

Great video buddy.
Where are you? You look like your in the picture on my Grandma’s wall growing up! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video. I was wondering how it would be in a leaning position. I sit most of the time in a stand but I hate shooting sitting down. I always stand before I shoot. That is why I went with a saddle over the Hybrid.

Extremely well done video. John confirmed that mine is shipping in the next day or so. I especially appreciated seeing the explanation as to how to use the hybrid as a working pack frame. I had no idea that it would carry as much as 40 pounds. This is going to be perfect for my style of hunting in the mountains. Can’t wait!

I have been waiting to see if you do a review of the JX3. This video sold me on it and I just ordered one. I've been on the wait list since last October.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Awesome video! John makes a heck of a stand. I think I could totally leave my pack behind, and forgo a gear strap around the tree for most hunts. I don't carry a lot of junk, and with a set of squirrel steps and carbon bolts this setup would be lighter than a lot of guys' rigs. Eay more comfortable too!

My question is will you use the one stick climbing method with the hybrid? That is what I am doing. I know in a lot of your past videos you have done the one stick climbing method.

Great video, thanks much! Better get on the list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My question is will you use the one stick climbing method with the hybrid? That is what I am doing. I know in a lot of your past videos you have done the one stick climbing method.

I've mostly moved away from it just from the convenience aspect. It's nice carrying one stick, but not as fun or stealthy for me climbing with just one, and it takes me much longer to climb down at night.

Back