• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 owners cam strap ROS questions

DMTJAGER

I am in the process of acquiring a JX3 G2 from a member here and as I already have a ROS I will start out with that as my foot rest.
Unfortunately the steps are on a ratcheting strap and would like to replace it with a cam-over-buckle strap to set up as quietly as possible.
So is there one particular brand and model of cam-over-buckle strap that out performs all others?
Bare in mind I am a larger guy at 250-260lbs if that matters.
Second question
How many steps do you JX3 owners usually use to allow 360* or as close to 360*s of movement around the tree. I would like to use as few as I can so as to keep things as simple as I can.
I tend to prefer Larger diameter trees vs smaller but will hunt out of any tree that I feel will safely hold me.
Thanks,
DJager

The treehopper over center buckles look great. I Don't have it but I would like to give it a shot. It has a long arm to cam. It is not on their website so you will have to call in order to get it. As for the jx 3 I use 4 treehopper steps, but I think I will try 3 and use my stick at my 6 o'clock as one step.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back