• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knee pads?

bigcat93

SH Member
Currently use the XOP seat attached to bottom of my bag and lean my knees onto that. Looking to get rid of that entirely and use knee pads. Anyone recommend low profile, comfy knee pads they use?

I have cheap pads that are ok but I really like a pad on the tree better. Small bungees hold it to the bark. G2s Idea.

These have been my favorite so far. $15. 6.5oz and are very comfy
09de1caefb40b433a637189757de884b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the original Trophylines from 15 years ago and a new pair of Arcteryx. The Trophlines have better cushion but the Arcteryx are more compact and comfortable to wear.

Before this thread turns into a Slick Rick track or Ice Cube waxing eloquent about giving up the dugout... The Arc'teryx knee pads are nice.

I have the original Trophylines from 15 years ago and a new pair of Arcteryx. The Trophlines have better cushion but the Arcteryx are more compact and comfortable to wear.
I LOVED my trophyline's with the soft rubber caps on them. I wore the straps out.

I've been using the arcteryx for a few years and they are a great lightweight knee pad. I use them for most of the season. When my cold weather gear bulks up I have to go to a different set though cause the strap isn't long enough.

Last year I used a pad on the tree. Which I am starting to prefer. I also have a pair of knee pads I picked up from one of the major home improvement stores. They have a softer rubber front with ribbing. They are similar to these, but not Husky brand. I'm sure they are not the best money can buy, but I made them work with no problems for 2 years.

I have used a couple, the main thing before buying is to make sure they are not velcro or snaps. Once you get past that requirement I find your choices are more limited. I used to use ones from lowes for tiling but they were bigger and bulkier than I realized I wanted. But they were quiet and worked well I just prefer not to climb with them on.

Back