• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knushion vs Knee Pads - which would you prefer?

JakeFromVirginia

Looking to get the Tethrd knushion. I already have a cheap pair of knee pads from amazon. Anyone have the knushion? Do you prefer it to knee pads or vice versa? Thanks all!

Knee pads all day, every day.

I started with a seat cushion. It was just one more thing to carry, setup, adjust, tear down, and re-pack.

You can usually find these at your local Lowe's store:

For the money, they are pretty good. If you don't like walking with knee pads on, slide them down onto your shins for transport. After 5 minutes, you won't even know you have them on anymore.

Knushion, takes very little space and maybe a minute to set up. The only knee pads I don’t mind wearing are on my crye and Patagonia multicams because they don’t wrap around the leg and are fit into the pants them selves.

I have been using knee pads on 10 to 15 sits thus far. I tired the cushion this past weekend and found I liked using this option once up in the tree. I took my knee pads off and felt more comfortable with just the cushion.

I intend to the cushion on longer sits going forward and will probably carry it every time I have my backpack regardless. Having both makes the quick move to ground hunting ideal.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Knee pads will keep your knees/pants dry when the tree is soaked with rain or covered in snow. A strap on cushion may soak up water.

Knee pads for me. That knushion is way over priced. I would rather use an XOP seat cushion that is only $10

$40 for a foam cushion? Cost of foam must be through the roof these days.

There are so many less expensive and just as effective options

First time saddle hunting this year, and was also wondering what others did for knee pads. A pair of gardening knee pads held on with velcro worked pretty well for me (covered with camo tape). They flopped around a bit, but they held up fine. I really needed them for one-sticking when I hung in the saddle to move the stick up. I don't see how a seat cushion would work for that.

I wondered how athletic knee pads would work. They would stay more firmly in place, but that softer foam wouldn't do as much to protect the knees from the tree bark. These were extremely comfortable in that regard.

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 41
I haven't found the need for either. I lean most of the time and when I want to give my legs a break I just put one leg on each side of the tree. Yeah it might look like I'm riding a vertical horse but it's comfortable for me. I never have my knees close enough together to rest them both against the tree and the trees I'm in are small enough in diameter that my knees would just slide to both sides of the tree anyway.

Just be a man and bareback it....u are going to get a 50/50 split on opinions. Try 1for 2 or 3 hunts then try the other for a couple as well....u will figure out which 1 u like best.

I'm in the knee pads crowd ...the way I'm getting up the tree I brace with my knee against the trunk so it makes for a more comfortable climb with knee pads

I think if using a ring of steps you can get by without a cushion or kneepads. With a platform it’s required.

I had arcteryx they are decent but not worth $70. I have a set of trophyline kneepads that get the job done. In a pinch you could kneel into your backpack.

I personally like the knee pads for working around the tree and driving my knee in for stability on a shot. I also like being able to easily drop to the ground if I see some movement in the woods or fields on the way in. Otherwise I get muddy/wet knees.

What are some good knee pads that stay in place and gots good amount of padding? Have had 2 knee surgeries and I am old. Been using walmart ones ,they suck, always sliding around. TIA

Back