• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kong duck carabiner

twobiscuit

SH Member
I'm trying to get everything I need to get started saddle hunting. I have 2 kong ducks on the way. I've heard that oval carabiners work best. Can anybody give me recommendations as to which one would be the best option? Thanks in advance,
Doug

Definitely want an oval carabiner for the Kong. I tried the WE oval twist lock, and recently converted to the EWO screw sleeve, slightly smaller and lighter. Either will work fine though.

Thanks guys. Oval tech screw carabiners right? I've also read that o don't want the flip gate on tethers or linesman belts.

Thanks guys. Oval tech screw carabiners right? I've also read that o don't want the flip gate on tethers or linesman belts.

Oval for sure on the Kong. I prefer the screw lock, forces you to lock it down. The twist locks can get hung up and not close without you knowing. And yes no single flip gates, they do make a double flip which looks secure but I don’t have any experience with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys. This group is quickly becoming my favorite. Can't wait to get everything together for this sale hunting thing!

Back