• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kuhnerts Ambush

ryan.albert15

Any feedback on this yet? Haven’t seen too many reviews on YouTube. Considering picking one up this year. I’m new to saddle hunting and currently just have the saddle. Trying to figure out the best platform/climbing stick combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are in stock with a two week lead time.
Unfortunately the 2 week Lead Time is once again BS. I ordered one on Dec 26. Still haven't received it. I emailed them and was told they are not happy with the new posts and are switching manufacturers again. They seem to really be struggling with getting the platform right and getting them shipped out!

Unfortunately the 2 week Lead Time is once again BS. I ordered one on Dec 26. Still haven't received it. I emailed them and was told they are not happy with the new posts and are switching manufacturers again. They seem to really be struggling with getting the platform right and getting them shipped out!
Better to be patient and get a good platform instead of getting one and having issues with it like the first ones...

Hello Bob,

LWCG wants to thank you for your patience and support throughout this past year. We wanted to reach out to you and apologize for the delay in receiving your Ambush Post. The posts that had been produced in the last month were not up to Andrae's standards. Due to this we decided to cut ties with our old manufacturer and switch to a new one, to ensure quality production. To avoid letting you down, we restarted the manufacturing process again. We are in the process of machining these new posts and expect them to be done in about 2 weeks and then be ready to ship. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your loyalty here at LWCG.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you!
Brenda

Lone Wolf Custom Gear
p:414-369-3805
a:P.O. Box 70223
Milwaukee, WI 53207
w:www.lonewolfcustomgear.com

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 8:29 PM Bob McLuckey <jgss2@earthlink.net> wrote:
I was just wondering when this order will ship. Thanks

This was the email response from Them

Again, they are currently in process of shipping new posts out, right now, today. I would bet dollars to donuts that after the original group in 150 get their new posts, then new platforms will start getting shipped.

Again, they are currently in process of shipping new posts out, right now, today. I would bet dollars to donuts that after the original group in 150 get their new posts, then new platforms will start getting shipped.
And again......I'll believe it when my stuff shows up. As I stated earlier I ordered the platform when the site said 2 weeks lead time. It has now been over 4 and I only know what's going on because I contacted them. They have a long way to go when it comes to delivering products within the stated times. It's been this way all year from some other's experiences I have heard of!

I have one and have really liked it, much to my surprise. I use it with the mini sticks and it's a super nifty little setup. I hunted last weekend with 2 dark-to-dark sits and a third 8 hour sit (36 hours in 3 days) and was more comfortable than I think ibe ever been. And it has been packed through some nasty creek bottoms.

Finish is crap. But after half a season its covered in mud and blood anyway. It works, and works well, IMO.

I ordered one when first released. The holes were drilled like they were done freehand after about 12 Coronas. I did like the size. It seemed about perfect except for the quality control issue.

I ordered a new one 1/3.... I am hoping they corrected the problems.

Told me the same thing

I ordered original batch and haven't used my predator since. Honestly, it has nothing to do with the predator's lacking anything other than size. The biggest challenge I have while hunting from a saddle is my weak side. The ambush solved that. To be completely transparent, I believe the predator is a better design, more user friendly, and bites trees better, BUT is just lacking in real estate for me and my preference.

I belief the teeth on the ambush bite too well and had multiple problems with the ambush when I first got it on setting it. Since, I have learned the proper way to set it, which is different than both the predator and every stand i've ever owned, it has made it much more enjoyable. One flaw is with the added width, no matter how well it is cammed over, even when excessively tight, the most outward teeth will still slide after moving around the tree some. I never had this happen with my predator. Again, I do believe this is solely due to the added width the ambush brings. Luckily it hasn't effected anything yet for me while hunting.

Sure, it's annoying for you to set it to the best of your ability and within minuted the outer teeth have ate away the bark enough that there is some movement there. As long as you can catch a deer coming in and don't wait until the last minute to move around, I think you'll be fine. Another thought is, how will the deer differentiate between a bird moving around the bark and the teeth sliding a little? who knows. I think it'll be fine, but I would prefer it to be solid the whole time.

I have one of the original 150. I was in the same boat as most concerning build quality. New post is en route so I’m very interested to see how that update goes. I personally wanted a platform with more room especially for late season. Since owning the Ambush, with all the quality control issues aside, I have drawn one major conclusion and that is it bends-a lot. As platform size increases so does leverage. I believe after owning this a couple of months and putting it through its paces-that is the cause of some of the noise, squeaking, creaking, and popping. Interestingly enough I took an old LW Assault 2 and DIYed it into a platform and I had the same issues when the cables were removed. When cables were put back on it became a solid stand again. Since cables on a platform are, perhaps, not practical for saddle hunting I think the design of a larger platform needs to change if it’s going to be viable. I just don’t think you can make a larger platform in the image of smaller platforms unless the were a little heftier in design. I have the Predator and Ridge Runner as well. I honestly think those are the best two platforms out currently. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just don’t think you can make a larger platform in the image of smaller platforms unless the were a little heftier in design
THIS!!!

I wonder if you removed the other 2 teeth on each side would allow it to flex freely without making the teeth move. Flexing is fine, the teeth moving on the bark and making noise isn't. The Predator flexes as well, but due to it's smaller dimensions and them making it taper some, they controls the flex and keep it away from the teeth.

You definitely get flex if you shift your weight from one side to another. But...

I've killed 3 bucks and 2 pigs from it. No issues. It doesn't seem to make noise for me in a hunting situation. Just when I'm playing around and goofing off in the yard. Some trees it doesn't make any noise no matter what I do. Denser trees I get a little noise if I shift. But it's not a non-natural noise to my ear. It sounds like the teeth sliding on the bark, as opposed to metal-on-metal grating.

The only "stand" I've found that cant make noise is a screw in step or bolt, and even that can squeak on a boot. My predator would make a popping noise if I shifted in it, and to my ear it sounded worse than the ambush. My squirrel steps make bark noise. Wild edge steps could squeak. But all of those noises were realistically very small issues.

Ok I confess, I asked about my order as they continue to take orders with a " two wk" lead time.
It's been two and a half weeks and they just let me know it will be up to three weeks more.
Ok, it's not hunting season but change the website to reflect what is or just remove the lead time.

Back