• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kuiu camo? Boudreaux? Anyone?

swampsnyper

Boudreaux I notice you had on the Vias camo in your videos. I really like the looks of it the best but scared it may be too light colored? I know it will be fine late season just wondering your thoughts and others for when all is still green.
Also I'm looking into the peloton series for an outer layer and still confused on a pant.
All comments on any kuiu clothing is welcome. Such as what weights you use at temp ranges. Hard to know what I'm looking at on a computer screen without touching it.
Thanks

I hunt from VIAS exclusively and have for the past 3 years. I do not think it is too light, honestly it seems they have added more grey to the pattern and less tan. Here is a break down of what I have and when I wear it
Pants,
Tiburon: 75+
Attack: Wore only once
Guide: Almost Always
Merino 125: Under guide pants around 40
Merino 145: Wear over 125's and under guide at anything cooler than 40

Tops
125 T'shirt: almost always as some part of my layer
145 Long sleeve: Wore with T around 65
210 long sleeve (my favorite) Add as part of the other three layer to get down around 50
Guide Vest: wear mostly as a outer protective shell to protect the wool layers from briars
Spindrift: (no longer made) Wear over the above to get down to about 30 or 40
Guide Jacket: Anything below 30
Bought Teton Jacket to layer under the guide in really cold temps to try this year.

This is if I run it as a layer system. Some times I might wear the 125 T and the spindrift at 65, or the 210 and vest. Depends on how much walking I am going to do, determines how I layer to prevent sweating.

Let me know if that helps or if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Boswell

Back